Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid People making you laugh...

Stupid People making you laugh...

Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stupid People making you laugh...

Originally Posted by Manc
I don't like American cheese.
or bacon.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
I Great intelligence Ray. Here's to ten thousand more (what do you do for a living??)
Iv'e been retired for 10 years... I have the time to do 10k post ...
I would match my past of being somewhat more useful than your occupation..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:05 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ray
Bob 23000 posts .... the whiner won't like that ..
Well if he talks as much rubbish, then he can deal with what he - and everyone else - obviously fears the most: TRUTH.

May I prove my point?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314894

I see this topic title and think to myself "hhmmm...could be enlightening...let's see what my fellow members think of the situation before sharing my own feelings". Then I read the first handful of responses and realised that ONCE AGAIN, this forum has been taken over by jack-asses with little to no interests beyond "Huh huh huh, Americans say toe-may-toh and we say toe-mart-oh, huh huh huh".
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:08 pm
Time Lord

dgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond reputedgsyd1 has a reputation beyond repute

That thread certainly has it's moments...but like everything else, soon degenerated into an MSN-style chitchat that is of no interest or relevance.
To use your own argument, if you hate it in here so much, why don't you go somewhere else?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:08 pm
pingu

Well if he talks as much rubbish, then he can deal with what he - and everyone else - obviously fears the most: TRUTH.

May I prove my point?

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314894

I see this topic title and think to myself "hhmmm...could be enlightening...let's see what my fellow members think of the situation before sharing my own feelings". Then I read the first handful of responses and realised that ONCE AGAIN, this forum has been taken over by jack-asses with little to no interests beyond "Huh huh huh, Americans say toe-may-toh and we say toe-mart-oh, huh huh huh".
So why don't you add something to that thread, to try and stop the rot? Bar the first few responses, I found it to be quite interesting.

Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:09 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The truth is ..we are here for a bit of fun ..nothing more ....
Go to a serious political site if that is your interest ..
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dgsyd1
To use your own argument, if you hate it in here so much, why don't you go somewhere else?
Because the truth hurts.
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Ray, you have made 10,000 posts - TEN THOUSAND - and you have the nerve to cast judgment on my social life?!

Plus anyone with an education would know that American English is historically more accurate to the Anglo-Saxon development of the language, than what is currently spoken in the UK. Yes, in the days of old (such as Shakespeare's plays) Romeo and Juliet probably talked more like Elizabeth Taylor than Elizabeth Hurley.

But of course, you all wouldn't know that...you spend too much time laughing at good ol' boys who don't know where Wales it
You really need to calm down and just take this thread for what it is, a laugh!

I thoroughly expect that if you visit www.AmericanExpats.com you would find very similar comments coming from Americans in Britain as you are seeing from Brits in America.

Can you please start a more intellectual thread for us to gasp at your awesome rhetorical power rather than coming out with personal attacks on people who have done you no harm what-so-ever.

ps. I was well aware that most Americans speak better Queens English than is spoken in England. Nice generalisation mate!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pingu
So why don't you add something to that thread, to try and stop the rot? Bar the first few responses, I found it to be quite interesting.
Absolutely, all I hear is moan moan moan moan, all I see is inaction.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:10 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pingu
There's no point - nobody here is capable of anything deeper than "which fast food joint does the best burgers". Telling me to "go place else" is a moot point. If you went to a pub that served warm beer, simply "going someplace else" doesn't help the situation does it. In some weak-willed little lives it may, but my attitude is to confront the landlord for serving such crap, and admonish the other patrons for drinking it and acting like scum.

Then things change

BTW, "A bit of fun" is all anyone is interested in these days. Which is why we have such moral decay, erosion of tradition and a nation of dickheads. My idea of fun is obviously quite different to yours Ray. In other words, I don't get my rocks off spending an afternoon on a forum making silly comments about how some Yanks don't know where London is.

Most of you have been in the States for months or years and you are STILL posting crap about "they say words differently here" and "hahahaha they call a pavement a sidewalk!!!!!!". Yes, that was all funny for the first three days I was here, then it became the norm. Change the record and get over it!!!

Last edited by WarriorLife; Jul 20th 2005 at 9:14 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I think this has been best thread of the day.

best for awhile.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

"which fast food joint does the best burgers".
I'm a big fan of Burger King personally, although Wendys is pretty good all round (although the burgers are square).

Sorry, is that off subject? What was the subject?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by CitySimon
I'm a big fan of Burger King personally, although Wendys is pretty good all round (although the burgers are square).

Sorry, is that off subject? What was the subject?
Even though it was meant as a joke, If I could only show someone ONE message from this forum to give them an exact idea of the content - I would choose that one.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There's no point - nobody here is capable of anything deeper than "which fast food joint does the best burgers". Telling me to "go place else" is a moot point. If you went to a pub that served warm beer, simply "going someplace else" doesn't help the situation does it. In some weak-willed little lives it may, but my attitude is to confront the landlord for serving such crap, and admonish the other patrons for drinking it and acting like scum.

Then things change

BTW, "A bit of fun" is all anyone is interested in these days. Which is why we have such moral decay, erosion of tradition and a nation of dickheads. My idea of fun is obviously quite different to yours Ray. In other words, I don't get my rocks off spending an afternoon on a forum making silly comments about how some Yanks don't know where London is.

Most of you have been in the States for months or years and you are STILL posting crap about "they say words differently here" and "hahahaha they call a pavement a sidewalk!!!!!!". Yes, that was all funny for the first three days I was here, then it became the norm. Change the record and get over it!!!
But there are new people who come here and want to say it. If the forum was run like you suggest, then it wouldn't get any new members.

This is supposed to be a bit of fun.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

cpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of lightcpe111 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
But there are new people who come here and want to say it. If the forum was run like you suggest, then it wouldn't get any new members.

This is supposed to be a bit of fun.
Its still fun - watching WarriorLife making an arse of himself - kinda off topic - but still fun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.