Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Stupid People making you laugh...

Stupid People making you laugh...

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:38 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future
Default Re: Stupid People making you laugh...

Originally Posted by Big D
Get over yourself - this is just a bit of fun pointing out stuff we notice. Personally i love it here and the people are great - just sharing amusing stories - there are probably yanks doing the same at home.
Big D - seems everything is a "bit of fun" lately. Personally, my idea of a "bit of fun" is not to post daily on a forum about such entralling topics as "Anyone notice how Americans are greedy/have fake teeth/are arrogant" and all the other rot.

In a world with a thousand serious issues to discuss and debate, it's nice to know that some people have no bigger problem than sulking because they can't buy a jar of Branston Pickle.

And to think I came to the US to get away from your kind!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:46 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by pingu
All people ever do on this part of the forum is criticise the USA and complain about why it's different from the UK. This thread sums up the attitude of British people abroad http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=315063. I think that if you don't like it abroad, then move back to the UK. Why should the rest of the world change to suit the British?
Dont read it then.

Ive met dumb people all over the world - and yes, shock horror in Britain too! Infact I've even been known to say the odd stupid thing myself. But dont worry because Im going to start an America the Beautiful thread in a moment just to make all the resident Yanks happy. Ok?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:47 pm
ImHere

Originally Posted by WarriorLife
Big D - seems everything is a "bit of fun" lately. Personally, my idea of a "bit of fun" is not to post daily on a forum about such entralling topics as "Anyone notice how Americans are greedy/have fake teeth/are arrogant" and all the other rot.

In a world with a thousand serious issues to discuss and debate, it's nice to know that some people have no bigger problem than sulking because they can't buy a jar of Branston Pickle.

And your reason for being on here is....?

Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WarriorLife,

Firstly, the gentleman who came out with the stupid comment in my post on the first page was English...

Secondly, other posters have commented that people who are far from 13 (and probably not yokels) come out with just as stupid a comment...

Thirdly, what do you expect?? We all live in America... As a result, would it not stand to reason that the vast majority of memorable (if not stupid) comments come from people who are inquisitive about our home country?

My other example of a stupid comment is from a high school teacher in NY who asked me... "Do you have Banks in England???"

That kind of person deserves to be made fun of.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:51 pm
Banned

WarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant futureWarriorLife has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ImHere
And your reason for being on here is....?
I used this site as a resource for various immigration stuff. From time to time, there are some interesting debates going on, but not anymore.

Funny isn't it...I tell the truth, which is akin to my outspoken, take-no-prisoners attitude in real life, and tell you how sycophantic and pompous you all can be...and check out how many nerves have been hit. The calls to "well don't read then", "go somewhere else", "you're a troll", etc etc all remind me that the truth hurts.

Talk sense or go away.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
Get over yourself - this is just a bit of fun pointing out stuff we notice. Personally i love it here and the people are great - just sharing amusing stories - there are probably yanks doing the same at home.
Exactly BigD ... whenever I go into the local car parts shop ..they all insist I say ga-ridge instead of their ga-rarge .. then they fall about laughing ..
and various other words I have to use too.. we all have a great laugh ... and I get a good discount ..
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:53 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

IFunny isn't it...I tell the truth, which is akin to my outspoken, take-no-prisoners attitude in real life, and tell you how sycophantic and pompous you all can be...and check out how many nerves have been hit. The calls to "well don't read then", "go somewhere else", "you're a troll", etc etc all remind me that the truth hurts.
I just think you name is billy no mates... we see you boring types come and go over the years ..try following them ...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Talk sense or go away.
Stay and put up with it, or leave. That makes sense.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 8:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
I just think you name is billy no mates... we see you boring types come and go over the years ..try following them ...
Ray, you have made 10,000 posts - TEN THOUSAND - and you have the nerve to cast judgment on my social life?!

Plus anyone with an education would know that American English is historically more accurate to the Anglo-Saxon development of the language, than what is currently spoken in the UK. Yes, in the days of old (such as Shakespeare's plays) Romeo and Juliet probably talked more like Elizabeth Taylor than Elizabeth Hurley.

But of course, you all wouldn't know that...you spend too much time laughing at good ol' boys who don't know where Wales it
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:00 pm
Ray

Ray, you have made 10,000 posts - TEN THOUSAND -
Which mean to you what.... what do you know about me or my background or country of origin.. umm nothing...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

But of course, you all wouldn't know that...you spend too much time laughing at good ol' boys who don't know where Wales it
I reject such a blanket statement.

By the way, the last word should be 'is'.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Get the picture? Dumb people are everywhere....
jesus...who crawled up your arse and died today?
This was a light hearted thread about dumb people in general that we've encounted...
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like American cheese.

there

I've said it.

happy now?
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:02 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Which mean to you what.... what do you know about me or my background .. umm nothing...
I know that you are a complete idiot...a quick scan of your recent posts reveals you have absolutely nothing to say. A classic textbook example of "quantity over quality" - ten thousand messages that don't say anything. For example, someone posted asking for information about bringing a dog to the country, and you respond with "does it bite?".

Great intelligence Ray. Here's to ten thousand more (what do you do for a living??)
Old Jul 20th 2005, 9:02 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by Bob
jesus...who crawled up your arse and died today?
This was a light hearted thread about dumb people in general that we've encounted...
Bob 23000 posts .... the whiner won't like that ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.