Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Student loan

Student loan

Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Angeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeAngeshirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Student loan

Ok so I know I'm going to get blasted for this but I'm terrified and looking for advice.
It's been 13 years since I graduated and yes I moved from the uk out this way shortly after.
I made contact with the SLC way back and then heard nothing from them and yes, I did forget about it for some time.
It seems they have caught up with me, anyone else dealt with them in this instance and can I work out a repayment plan with them that I can afford. I have every intention of paying this thing back....
I'm ashamed of myself for this and I know I'll get backlash but I wanted to ask so I can get some sleep again until I can sort it out with them.
Thank you

----------------

BEVS note:
To help Angeshirl, I have reopened her NZ thread about this topic as it had auto closed.
Anyone wishing to help or guide can find the NZ thread HERE. Thanks

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 12th 2017 at 7:32 pm. Reason: linky
Old Feb 12th 2017, 4:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Student loan

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Ok so I know I'm going to get blasted for this but I'm terrified and looking for advice.
It's been 13 years since I graduated and yes I moved from the uk out this way shortly after.
I made contact with the SLC way back and then heard nothing from them and yes, I did forget about it for some time.
It seems they have caught up with me, anyone else dealt with them in this instance and can I work out a repayment plan with them that I can afford. I have every intention of paying this thing back....
I'm ashamed of myself for this and I know I'll get backlash but I wanted to ask so I can get some sleep again until I can sort it out with them.
Thank you
So you contact them, with proof of your income, and work out a repayment.

(posting in multiple forums doesn't achieve anything by the way, the answer will be the same!)
Old Feb 12th 2017, 7:37 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angeshirl
Thank you
Would you be able to pay a lump sum, to reduce the amount you owe? Presumably the amount you would have been paying over the last several years has been accumulating interest in your savings account, so you could just write them a big cheque
Old Feb 12th 2017, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not open duplicate threads.

Thread closed.