Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Storms in TN; many dead, Nashville under water

Storms in TN; many dead, Nashville under water

Old May 4th 2010, 2:32 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Storms in TN; many dead, Nashville under water

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8658405.stm

Pictures

And KY and MS got it bad too: is Ian here and OK?

Last edited by nettlebed; May 4th 2010 at 2:38 am.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Storms in TN; many dead, Nashville under water

Originally Posted by nettlebed

Pictures

That's pretty bad huh, hope all our members that live in those areas are ok.
Old May 4th 2010, 3:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

TN got the worst of the flooding and the tornado's have stayed to the southern part of the state (I think). While some river's around here are cresting well above flood stage, we didn't get near the same amount of rain that fell south of here. A sorority sister of mine lives in Nashville and she's been sharing some info about the flooding and it's pretty bad in the downtown area. Opryland apparently got it pretty bad.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:21 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Luckily, both my home and office were spared, but we're slightly east of Nashville. My previous office building is closed because the water treatment plant that serves it is under water so there is no water pressure. That office is a few miles from Opryland/Opry Mills which is just decimated. Have had a lot of collegues misplaced or dealing with damage to their homes and property so it's really a sad situation.

I just hope folks will be as generous with donations to the Red Cross for us as they have been for Haiti and the like.
Old May 4th 2010, 12:39 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nettlebed

Pictures

There are two people I think of immediately when hearing about tornadoes and bad storms in MS and that is my daughter and horticulturalist as both are in MS. I can call the daughter but not horti.
Old May 4th 2010, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TracyTN
I just hope folks will be as generous with donations to the Red Cross for us as they have been for Haiti and the like.
I have Reba Mcyntire on my facebook page asking me to donate through my cell phone.

I know it's pretty bad there, I did donate to Haiti, guess it's only right that we do the same for the US
Old May 4th 2010, 3:49 pm
Instigator of the Post

TracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to beholdTracyTN is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I have Reba Mcyntire on my facebook page asking me to donate through my cell phone.

I know it's pretty bad there, I did donate to Haiti, guess it's only right that we do the same for the US
Well Reba!

I was going to donate on behalf of my mom for Mother's Day - since she says she doesn't want a gift and is hard to buy for anyway. I did something simliar last year by donating to our local animal shelter.
Old May 4th 2010, 3:58 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't too bad here, I'd even say the weather last weekend was worse. I did go and spray the storm shelter with bug killer just in case though.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
That's pretty bad huh, hope all our members that live in those areas are ok.
Me too.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, hope all okay. iIt's headed this way now.

Talked to my mom this am, she said she's already gotten 3 inches of rain since she got up, there in the Panhandle. Son and DIL are at Gulf Shores, AL-of course their place was booked before the oil spill which is due to arrive there today or tommorow and the ocean is currently full of jellyfish.
Old May 4th 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Yup, hope all okay. iIt's headed this way now.

Talked to my mom this am, she said she's already gotten 3 inches of rain since she got up, there in the Panhandle. Son and DIL are at Gulf Shores, AL-of course their place was booked before the oil spill which is due to arrive there today or tommorow and the ocean is currently full of jellyfish.
That's pretty Biblical
Old May 4th 2010, 5:24 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
That's pretty Biblical
Yeah!! They are dissapointed, wanted to try the little one in the ocean again. They tried last summer when she was 2 months and she was NOT having that at all,
Attached Thumbnails Storms in TN; many dead, Nashville under water-ocean.bmp  
Old May 4th 2010, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah!! They are dissapointed, wanted to try the little one in the ocean again. They tried last summer when she was 2 months and she was NOT having that at all,
She's gorgeous!

Perhaps someone could post a link to where to send donations?
Old May 4th 2010, 5:38 pm
Instigator of the Post

Originally Posted by traceym
She's gorgeous!

Perhaps someone could post a link to where to send donations?
http://www.nashvilleredcross.org/ind...ulo=78T3Z2WSK0

Old May 4th 2010, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Adorable Cindy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.