Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

staying in US longer than 6 months on B-2 Visa

staying in US longer than 6 months on B-2 Visa

Old Jun 21st 2001, 2:28 am
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 2
daninus is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the US on a B-2 (pleasure) visa. entered in march 2001 meaning I have to leave in september. I would like to stay longer. does anyone know if it's possible to extend my B-2 visa?
alternatively can I leave the US and re-enter, does the 6 months continue to run upon re-entry to the US ?

Any help greatly appreciated.


daninus is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2001, 5:10 am
Posts: n/a

daninus wrote:


You should file for an extension of stay before the "Until date" on your I-94. The
six months stay could continue if you went to canada or Mexico for less than 30 days.
Going out of the US for a short trip and returning could be interpreted by the
Inspector as an avoidance of the extension procedures and could leave you outside
looking in.


Tracers work both ways.

Stop by for a visit http://home.earthlink.net/~tankman or http://clix.to/Tankman451

ICQ# 108191321

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.