Stay in boston during 4 weeks

Stay in boston during 4 weeks

Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:33 am
Just Joined

jewell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Stay in boston during 4 weeks

hello...to someone who lives in boston,
it is usually hard winter there?
and if i want go to canada just for a day for example....is easy to cross the border?...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:35 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stay in boston during 4 weeks

Originally Posted by jewell
hello...to someone who lives in boston,
it is usually hard winter there?
and if i want go to canada just for a day for example....is easy to cross the border?...
What do you mean by hard? and do you plan on driving to Canada for the day trip?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 1:54 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Canada, depending on where your heading too, it's a good 4 hour drive before you get to see anything past the border and that's punching it....getting over the boarder is easy, passport does the trick.

Boston winters are nice and warm compared to Maine, compared to the UK, could be a bit nippy, and apart from down town and the pike, the ploughing can generally be pretty shit, some places do a good job, but even back road dumps in Maine generally keep roads in better shape. People also don't generally get studded tyres here and they cost a fortune anyway, hop over to Maine, worth it.

Not that it matters, people can't drive in this state anyway.

So where you planning on heading?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

Debs71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Stay in boston during 4 weeks

hi, i used to live 45 mins south of boston. it is cold in winter. my husband is from there, we visit there often he has family there. we left 2005, the year we left me had 10 feet of snow. the seasons are like england but more intense, summers hot, winter lots of snow.yet if you live in the city of boston i wouldnt worry about it has the city will clean up the snow. i like boston its a great place to live. yet it was my decision to move to florida and i wouldnt want to move back to boston now.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

FlatDog is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Boston, my first winter (the last one) here was harsh compared to UK weather (I moved from the UK to here last June). Some days were -16 Celcius when I got up in the morning! Boston has the extremes as Zebbs points out. I think last winter in total had over 100 inches of snow.

right now though, apat form this week (thunderstorms), the weather has been fantasic and hot.

I've not tried the drive to Canada yet so I can't tell you anything on that, sorry.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 12:35 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlatDog
I'm in Boston, my first winter (the last one) here was harsh compared to UK weather (I moved from the UK to here last June). Some days were -16 Celcius when I got up in the morning! Boston has the extremes as Zebbs points out. I think last winter in total had over 100 inches of snow.

right now though, apat form this week (thunderstorms), the weather has been fantasic and hot.

I've not tried the drive to Canada yet so I can't tell you anything on that, sorry.
The last winter was well warm and there weren't that much snow, so if you thought that was bad....

Seriously, it was a walk in the park.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:30 am
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlatDog

This winter try driving up my way lol
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:00 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by sime303
This winter try driving up my way lol
yeah, the in-laws had a lovely one, barely enough space to get out the front door with all the snow piled up, took ages to melt too
Old Jul 27th 2008, 3:56 am
Just Joined

jewell is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Stay in boston during 4 weeks

thanks everybody who has replyed my questions!.Im planing to go there to improve my english during january and february.I live in south america, and im not feel yet the snow before,so,thats way i ask about it.
I think it would be nice.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a down jacket, some really warm snow boots and nice thick gloves/hat and you'll be fine. (Speaking as someone who moved to Maine last year...)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 1:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by kins
Buy a down jacket, some really warm snow boots and nice thick gloves/hat and you'll be fine. (Speaking as someone who moved to Maine last year...)
the gloves, some nice leather ones with bunny fur inside, from LL Beans, they make the best driving gloves...the boots aren't bad either.