Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Spider identification pls

Wikiposts

Spider identification pls

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spider identification pls

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
Completely off topic, but my brother and I grew up thinking that David Attenborough was our dad.

I wrote to him a few weeks ago and explained that because our dad died when we were little, we had a photo of our dad on top of our grandmothers TV and when DA hosted one of his shows, he looked just like him.
So as DA grew older we imagined that it was how our dad would have looked.

it wasn't until I was in my 20's/ 30's that I said to my brother, hey look Dad's on TV, and he admitted that he though that DA was his "Faux Dad" too - neither of us knew that we'd both thought it.

Anyway he wrote back about 2 weeks ago and said that he hoped he hadn't let us down in the role he'd been unwittingly given.
Nice huh?
I love to here things like this...reply to him Trixie...
Old Oct 4th 2010, 3:13 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spider identification pls

Originally Posted by Ray
Funny you say that ..years and years ago ... my mate wifes got into hedghogs .she had a few in the garden ..she asked us about what we knew which was nothing but we suggested she writes to DA .... thinking she would never hear back .. but a week later she had a 10 page hand written letter all about them..we were amazed ...

His wife was a Magistrate a Richmond Court .. I appeared before her on occasions..super nice Lady ...she died a few years back
Super cool.
He's 83 or 84 now and won't be around forever which is why I wrote. he actually made quite a big impression, because he gave my real (deceased) father his own qualities. His enthusiasm, his compassion, his soft spoke-ness and gentle demeanor.

I was 2 when my dad died, and my brother 5, so we didn't really know what he was like, but these are all qualities I've always assumed he'd have - I think a direct result of thinking DA was my Dad!

Plus the fact that the other people on the TV at the same time, I'm pretty glad that my dad didn't have a passing resemblance to Ken Dodd or Benny hill!