Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Speaking of human rights.....

Speaking of human rights.....

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 5:18 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speaking of human rights.....

Is it just me, or is this depressing? Lowering the standard of proof so as to get more convictions ???????!!!

Alas, poor England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3450201.stm
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:03 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speaking of human rights.....

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Is it just me, or is this depressing? Lowering the standard of proof so as to get more convictions ???????!!!

Alas, poor England.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3450201.stm

Well, looks as thought it's just me all right. I'll just have to go and cry in my HP sauce.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Speaking of human rights.....

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
Well, looks as thought it's just me all right. I'll just have to go and cry in my HP sauce.
Tough one. I somewhat tend to agree with what he is advocating. If it keeps these people off the streets then I say go for it. The majority of so called British subjects charged with terrorism are originally from other countries. The name Feroz Abbasi is hardly the same as John Smith now is it. I'll bet he was not born in the UK. If this gentleman came from say Pakistan or some such place would there still be such a hue and cry about it, I think not. Just my opinion on having a quick read of the story.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Innocent until proven guilty my arse ( to quote Mr James Royle ! )
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy
Innocent until proven guilty my arse ( to quote Mr James Royle ! )
Have you only just worked that out?
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

I knew that from an early age effi. The police are but the rich man's army, in the UK they care more about crimes against property than crimes against the person.