Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

South Carolina Drivers license - Who wants to be heard?

View Poll Results: What will the outcome of a hearing be? Based on testimony given by immigrants:
The legislators will see the mistake they've made, and correct the situation
50.00%
It won't matter what I have to say, I'm only an immigrant
50.00%
They may change the law, but how long before DMV knows that?
0%
Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 28th 2002, 1:44 pm
Mrs. Yank

Petra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to allPetra is a name known to all
Default Re: South Carolina Drivers license - Who wants to be heard?

I just got off the phone with J.J. Gentry, who informed me that concerning State House Bill S.1051, there will be a hearing at 3.00 PM on Tuesday, March 5th, at the State House (Blatt building, room 433) in Columbia. Mr. Gentry told me that this is a public meeting, and people that can give testimony on this subject, are sincerely invited.

Other than having to bother family and friends to drive me around for the next two years or so, until (hopefully) I'll get my Green Card, I feel that this is the only thing I can do, and try to make a difference.

So, I've already taken next Tuesday afternoon off.
I would be very pleased to meet all of you "K-1 people" who are in the same boat with me, next week in Columbia!

P.S.
J.J. Gentry can be reached at 803-734-3053