Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

amt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sorry that you all think the USA is not as great as UK

Originally Posted by danfan
Depends where you are I think. I like London for a day or 2 but could never live there. Preferred the north any day of the week.
Likewise, Manhattan NY is a different kettle of fish to most of USA. For example, I lived in Virginia for 3 years and couldn't believe how rude people where there. Where I live now, the people are very nice (PA) but small town so lots of very narrow minded people who think diversity is having a Mexican restaurant a few miles out of town,

As for weather, hmmmm..... hurricanes in the south, humidity so bad you can't breathe, tornadoes mid west, digging you car out of the snow all winter in the north, earthquakes in the west, deserts in the SW..... I quite miss my mild mediocre rain and fog LOL

Healthcare - yep crappy nasty waiting rooms in the NHS, posh comfy ones in US. Low income in the UK & get terminal cancer? Get treatment. Low income in US and get terminal cancer? Hold a fundraiser and hope you raise enough. Or, like some I know, never go for your mammograms because you know you can't afford treatment if they find anything. Great treatment if you can afford healthcare or work for a company with a good plan. Go bankrupt if you don't.
I have tried for 6 years I've been her to get a mammogram because my mother died at 42 from breast cancer. The NHS will not do one for me because they say I am to young (37).I have private insurance but unless you can get signed off by your GP it is of no use!!! I have to travel home to FL each year to have all my medical check ups done.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:44 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amt070
If you all dislike the USA so much maybe you should return to your crap weather the UK has to offer!!!!!
Hmm - why don't I believe you - is it because you have mentioned the weather in the middle of a 3 week spell during which the UK has had warmer temps than Spain ??
Maybe its because it the NHS bothered you so much you could have done what you HAVE to do in the US - that is take out health insurance. Surely a smart yank like you could have figured that out after 6 years.

Poor attempt at trolling - good bye.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I have tried for 6 years I've been her to get a mammogram because my mother died at 42 from breast cancer. The NHS will not do one for me because they say I am to young (37).I have private insurance but unless you can get signed off by your GP it is of no use!!! I have to travel home to FL each year to have all my medical check ups done.
get it signed off then by your gp, if no joy with that one then see another gp in your practice.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

danfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond reputedanfan has a reputation beyond repute

Get a new GP if he's an ass and won't sign it. You have family risk factors & so good reason.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

amt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud ofamt070 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Hmm - why don't I believe you - is it because you have mentioned the weather in the middle of a 3 week spell during which the UK has had warmer temps than Spain ??
Maybe its because it the NHS bothered you so much you could have done what you HAVE to do in the US - that is take out health insurance. Surely a smart yank like you could have figured that out after 6 years.

I have health insurance over here it is of no use unless your GP's sign you off & they won't because they want the money the gov. gives them to have you on the books!!!!!!!:curse:
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:48 pm
Account Closed

hmm i'm with you on this one davy....my thoughts at the onset tbh
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by danfan
Get a new GP if he's an ass and won't sign it. You have family risk factors & so good reason.
I have had more than 10 GP's none will sign me off!!!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hmm i'm with you on this one davy....my thoughts at the onset tbh
I can see my thoughts on how rude & lazy most brits are is all to true!:curse:
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:51 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I have health insurance over here it is of no use unless your GP's sign you off & they won't because they want the money the gov. gives them to have you on the books!!!!!!!:curse:
Actually you almost always need to go through your GP first before getting private care - I don't see how it impacts the GP either way as they were never going to be the ones carrying out the next stages of treatment in the first place.

Poor, poor, poor attempt
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:52 pm
Thinking about it

More bollocks - if you have had that many GP's eventually they will stop taking you on as you are obviously an arse.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:54 pm
Account Closed

I can see my thoughts on how rude & lazy most brits are is all to true!:curse:
haha we just don't care to listen to a load of bull, get enough of that here...now good bye and give my love to blighty.
Account Closed

More bollocks - if you have had that many GP's eventually they will stop taking you on as you are obviously an arse.
Just Joined

No it just shows how crap the doctors & health care system are. But I think your head is to far up your but to see that.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:55 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1799

http://www.opaldia.com/

Last edited by Ray; Apr 14th 2007 at 1:58 pm.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

loopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond reputeloopylorns has a reputation beyond repute

I'm an american who has been living in England for 6 years. I think that people over here are to used to getting everything for free! The people in general have been rude & lazy. The country is very pretty but I could live without ever seeing again. I dislike it so much I am moving back to the USA. Can't wait to return & I will never take it for granted again!!! I will have real health care again instead of treatment like something from a 3rd world!!!! If you all dislike the USA so much maybe you should return to your crap weather the UK has to offer!!!!!

Wow you have stayed 6 years but you feel like that about the Uk???

Yes I will agree there are alot of rude and lazy people in the Uk but in contrast there are alot of very false people in the USA only concerned about being bigger and better, normally at the cost of their family.

Health care in the Uk can be hard to work out if you are used to the American system so I understand your frustration but in MHO the Uk private healthcare is far better than the USA one with far less waiting time for appointments, also procedures are done on a needed basis not just to fleece the patient as happens in the USA.

The main point with healthcare anywhere is that if you can pay for it you can get quicker treatment same the world over.

Yes the weather is crap in the Uk compared to here but the freedom of lifestyle outweighs it by far.

Its been quite good weather here since I arrived but every day has been grey to me!

I am going to have to say WOW again, I can not believe you hate it that much but stayed all this time, I hate your country mate and 5 months is long enough for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.