Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Some possible good news for same sex partners

Wikiposts

Some possible good news for same sex partners

Old Jun 3rd 2009, 8:10 am
Forum Regular

malj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura aboutmalj has a spectacular aura about
Default Some possible good news for same sex partners

I came across this article this morning in the New York Times pertaining to a bill that is set to be introduced to Congress that would allow for US citizens and LPR's to seek residency for their same-sex partners. I've noticed a fair few threads about this recently so there could be hope yet for those in such a situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/03/us...couples&st=cse
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:35 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some possible good news for same sex partners

That would be wonderful, there is a lady on here who had to come over as a student because of the restrictions.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 7:23 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

hope it happens
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:11 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
That would be wonderful, there is a lady on here who had to come over as a student because of the restrictions.
amd one via nurse route, but she's not posted in donkies...
Old Jun 4th 2009, 3:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Some possible good news for same sex partners

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, it's 'Rockgurl' and here she is:

http://www.debbieseymour.com/about.html
Old Jun 4th 2009, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Yeah, it's 'Rockgurl' and here she is:

http://www.debbieseymour.com/about.html
New York is in the queue of US states looking to catch up to the 21st century on this issue... Can't wait for the day.
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
And someone else more recently than that. Can't remember her name right now, but think she's in KY?
Old Jun 5th 2009, 1:51 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CitySimon
New York is in the queue of US states looking to catch up to the 21st century on this issue... Can't wait for the day.
Me, too. My daughter's sister-in-law has been in a relationship with her significant other for over 10 years and they want to make it legal. Won't go to another state because they want it legal in the state where they own property, live and work.
Old Jun 6th 2009, 4:13 pm
member of little note

made of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond reputemade of kent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Me, too. My daughter's sister-in-law has been in a relationship with her significant other for over 10 years and they want to make it legal. Won't go to another state because they want it legal in the state where they own property, live and work.
I think hopefully it will happen for them.
I have 2 sons of only 4, and before children I used to hear my gay friends say I knew at 4!, and I thought, as if! but my twins are so different and one, he loves his girls, likes pretending to be a girl, dresses up, likes dolls,and his kitchen. loves to be with girls prefers them to boys, the only boy he likes, and he goes mental if he can't play with him, crying and saying but I love nick.
There again he likes boy play, guns and stuff! and if he is gay or even his brother, I want a world where he can be equal, and when he finds that someone, male or female he can be legal joined to them.
My hubby feels the same way, he constantly worries, "D is so gay" do you think he will be bullied? at school! what if he wants kids? can he get married, will it hold him back job wise? if he is, kudos to daddy not a word of "over my dead body" he when laughing at D dancing to abba, says I hope to god the world has moved on when he is an adult, and he can be normal. (as in gay or hetro)
I have friend and her son is the same and we are quietly hoping we can be mother-in-laws but then we think...maybe jumping the gun! this maybe normal boy behaviour?? we have no frame of reference!
hope that made sence?
Old Jun 6th 2009, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope so too. The religious right will have a fit, but as the years go on I hope we see more tolerance.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by made of kent
hope it happens

Why ?
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I hope to f**k it doesn't happen !

Males and Females is what made the human race .... males and males or females and females didn't and never can be the procreator of the human race and is far from normality.
I know there are loads of homosexuals in this world and I even have some friends who are gay and if thats the wierd lifestyle they choose thats their decision, but keep it behind closed doors.
Same sex unions or marriages are disgracefull in my opinion and I certainly don't want my little girl thinking that boy with boy or girl with girl is in any way acceptable.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

THERE ! ..... Thats gonna get some reactions i'll bet
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:39 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Same sex unions or marriages are disgracefull in my opinion and I certainly don't want my little girl thinking that boy with boy or girl with girl is in any way acceptable.
Oh dear!
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:40 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

And about time too, about time we caught up with the Aussies

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.