Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Social Security Website

Social Security Website

Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

rochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to all
Default Social Security Website

My husband needs to sign up for Medicare & so I've been trying to access the Social Security website (The United States Social Security Administration) for the last two days & all I can get is the error "page can't be displayed" or "connection timed out".
I've tried to get there using Firefox 35.0.1, Chrome 40.0.2214.111 & Explorer 11.
Anyone have any ideas?
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of
Default Re: Social Security Website

The linked opened fine for me. I'm using firefox 35.0.1 too. Have you tried clearing out cookies and cache?
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:53 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

It works for me on IE too.

If it continues not to work for you, you could try the main information number from the SSA Contact Us page during the hours described below.

By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use our automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day. If you cannot handle your business through our automated services, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday.
Contact Social Security By Phone

If you do call, be prepared to wait a long time. When you do finally get through the automated menu to a real live person, that person can get you the number of your nearest SS office.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Works fine with IE 11. Try this link.

Medicare Benefits - How to Apply Online Even if You Are not Ready to Retire
Old Feb 12th 2015, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

rochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to allrochdalediva is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies. I'll give it another shot.