Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Soaps - Corrie and Eastenders - How ?

Soaps - Corrie and Eastenders - How ?

Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

mantronix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soaps - Corrie and Eastenders - How ?

Hi,

I'm new here so please be gentle

My wife and I are planning on moving to Florida in the next few months (E-2 Visa). She has been hassling me about not being able to watch her beloved Corrie and Eastenders (she's addicted!) in Florida.

Does anybody know of a way to get these in Florida i.e. download the episodes from the net or purchase them on video / DVD ??

Many Thanks

Lee
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Scorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of lightScorchio is a glorious beacon of light

UKNova seems to be a reliable source of EE and CS. It helps feed my Big Brother habit.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 2:47 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

I watch Easties on ] here The site's changing server so is down today but it's usually v reliable. They show other progs too and even had the England Euro games.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:24 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Here's where I watch Corrie....

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=92

Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:38 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ElsieTheMaid
Here's where I watch Corrie....

http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=92
Can you actually watch it there? I just had a quick look and could only find a load of stills and storylines.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light

...move to Seattle. They show both Emmerdale and Corrie on the public TV here.

I couldn't stand either of them when I lived in the UK, so somehow I don't think I'll be tuning in...they probably clash with Law and Order School Crossing Patrol or CSI:Boise anyway
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:29 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soaps - Corrie and Eastenders - How ?

Originally posted by mantronix
My wife and I are planning on moving to Florida in the next few months (E-2 Visa). She has been hassling me about not being able to watch her beloved Corrie and Eastenders (she's addicted!) in Florida.
We have Johnny Briggs Florida home around the corner ..lucky me !!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:51 am
Just Joined

mantronix is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, thanks for all your help, she's now happy that she can still get her fix when we go
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:20 pm
Just around the next bend

dbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond reputedbark has a reputation beyond repute

I must be doing something wrong - just tried to watch a prog I downloaded from the UKNova site, but neither RealOne player nor Windows Media player could open it (it was a mpg file) Can anyone help?

Ta.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Big Vern
...move to Seattle. They show both Emmerdale and Corrie on the public TV here.

I couldn't stand either of them when I lived in the UK, so somehow I don't think I'll be tuning in...they probably clash with Law and Order School Crossing Patrol or CSI:Boise anyway

Hey, I live near Seattle - Kent to be exact, which isn't very far away - and I've never heard of Emmerdale and Corrie being shown on public tv. However, when we went up to Vancouver B.C. they were shown there on public tv. Do you know something I don't? Please tell!!! I have Dish TV so I thought I got just about all the stations I could get, including the useless BBC America.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Taffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond reputeTaffyles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark
I must be doing something wrong - just tried to watch a prog I downloaded from the UKNova site, but neither RealOne player nor Windows Media player could open it (it was a mpg file) Can anyone help?

Ta.
You could try DivX- you can get a free download of the standard version here...

http://www.divx.com/divx/
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

dolydd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sibsie
I watch Easties on ] here The site's changing server so is down today but it's usually v reliable. They show other progs too and even had the England Euro games.

How much does it cost?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 3:05 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by dolydd
How much does it cost?
It's free. I make a donation every now and then to make sure the site stays up and running.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dbark

Ta.

You could also try VLC, the only file I've had problems with from UKNova I got to run using VLC.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

UKNova is fabulous.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Wee Besom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Soaps - Corrie and Eastenders - How ?

Originally posted by ray6
We have Johnny Briggs Florida home around the corner ..lucky me !!!

Really??? Excellent, where is this?I seem to remember you are quite near me in Tampa,I might go and get an autograph!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.