Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Silver Saab in NJ

Silver Saab in NJ

Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Silver Saab in NJ

Originally Posted by rushman
So the Jeep was stolen then
No ! it had a sheep in the back.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:39 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I was also passed by some geyser with the same flags on his truck and he had a deep southern states accent, he told me he was from Bradford but put on the accent to blend in ? ............ a southern accent in Massachusettes ?
oh god that's just stooopid...prob a lying American One employer my husband had...their heritage was Scottish...they had the Red Dragon as the emblem to their company...hubby obviously recognised it and informed them it was in fact WELSH

Are you allowed to steal the emblem of a flag for your companies motive anyway ...maybe it was a little diff... I never saw it
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:40 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

No ! it had a sheep in the back.
well you should know ...it was you driving it
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:45 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Celtic_Angel
oh god that's just stooopid...prob a lying American One employer my husband had...their heritage was Scottish...they had the Red Dragon as the emblem to their company...hubby obviously recognised it and informed them it was in fact WELSH

Are you allowed to steal the emblem of a flag for your companies motive anyway ...maybe it was a little diff... I never saw it

You can use it you just cant copyright it.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

In this area there are lots of slate quarries, they all semm to have the red dragon flags flying.
Old Feb 24th 2006, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

well you should know ...it was you driving it
I'm not into sheep ! .... Dogs yes ! .... I was once in court for it and the judge said "How low can a man get ?"
I said "I had a Jack Russel once"
Old Feb 25th 2006, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

mandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond reputemandpete has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't me.

I drive a black Focus with a discreet Union Jack sticker in the back. I was on the 295 this morning but came off at 26 and headed south on the 55. So if you see me give me a wave, I drive that route 2-3 times a week.

I got stuck in the snarl up at Woodcrest Station .
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:01 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I went up and down MLK a couple of times today, I will have to go up Independance tomorrow
Old Feb 25th 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

So, do you prefer the ride of a US truck or a European truck? Not the looks mind, just the ride.
European without a doubt. Much smoother ride, more manueverable, and much more comfortable. Here, they're more concerned with what the truck looks like than how efficient it is. Here there's no independent heating system, and it's illegal to have the truck running if its not moving. If I didn't ignore that law I'd freeze my bollox off. European trucks have heating systems separate from the engine, no need to leave the truck running.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 5:16 pm
Notts - CT

nottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud ofnottsinCT has much to be proud of

I think we should all display cars and areas so if we are ever floating through a area and see one we will know its an Expat..

CT silver Chevy meat wagon.. (venture) Union jack on rear mirror
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:21 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

funny how patriotic you get when you leave ...I used to have a huge Red Dragon decal on my rear view mirror, was great when I needed to find my car in the parking lot now I have a much smaller one....anyway I saw a small jeep around the area with the Welsh Flag...then one day low and behold ..it was driving into my subdivision

Walking round the block one day I saw the vehicle in a driveway.....I think my son was selling boyscout stuff cos I remember kncking on the door and starting a conversation...turns out the flag was already on the vehicle when she bought it off a welsh dude...she liked it so much she kept it....ah well...she said he was from South Wales anyway
I have a Welsh flag hanging from my rear view mirror. I started following a jeep one day that had a welsh flag sticker on the bumper (coincidence?). Anyway, I followed it into a car park and when the woman got out I rolled down my window and asked her if she was welsh! She initially thought I was some kind of stalker until she saw the flag in my car! Turns out that her husbands ancestors are Welsh! It was a bit of a let down I have to Say.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 7:22 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

So the Jeep was stolen then
Watch it!!!
Old Feb 25th 2006, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

European without a doubt. Much smoother ride, more manueverable, and much more comfortable. Here, they're more concerned with what the truck looks like than how efficient it is. Here there's no independent heating system, and it's illegal to have the truck running if its not moving. If I didn't ignore that law I'd freeze my bollox off. European trucks have heating systems separate from the engine, no need to leave the truck running.
I know. European trucks have night heaters. I had a small company with 5 of my own before coming here and used to sub off of Cavewood (Geodis) and Matrix at Heathrow. Just wondered if you thought trucks here were as big a bag of shite as I do. Look good, just drive like crap and shake your teeth out.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

I know. European trucks have night heaters. I had a small company with 5 of my own before coming here and used to sub off of Cavewood (Geodis) and Matrix at Heathrow. Just wondered if you thought trucks here were as big a bag of shite as I do. Look good, just drive like crap and shake your teeth out.

I hate the things ..... Shaky, rattle filled, hard to manouver and a transmission that was given the chop in the late 80's in Europe.
Old Feb 25th 2006, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

I hate the things ..... Shaky, rattle filled, hard to manouver and a transmission that was given the chop in the late 80's in Europe.
yet tell a US truck driver that they're crap trucks and European ones are better and they think your a liar...........as they then drive off from work to home in their volkswagen Jetta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.