Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sick of living here!

Sick of living here!

Old Aug 6th 2011, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

mick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nicemick65 is just really nice
Default Re: Sick of living here!

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Hey there. Sorry to hear you're not having the best of times here, and I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one who gets sick of living here from time to time.

I've had a lot of similar issues myself. I hate the heat here too, this year has been one of the worst in the 6 years I've been here for heat. I can't imagine what it must be like for you being pregnant in it, my wife was pregnant in winter and she had a fan on every night (which I quite enjoyed as I like the cold). The lack of public transport, facilities for walking around, stupidity of the healthcare system - they've all pissed me off at some point too.

Somehow, through frequent bouts of homesickness (I'm sort of in one now), I've managed to stick it out for 6 years. I'm sort of stuck here because I married an American who doesn't want to leave though so I sort of have to learn to live with it if I want to see my children . That doesn't mean I always have to like it though
I'm in just the same position, I get really home sick which my OH doesn't really understand, she true bit just doesn't get it. There's no way she will move to the UK so I have to live with it. I used to be able to to back twice a year for the last couple of yesrs, but this year the money just isn't there
If things don't change in the next year it so I'm going to review my situation but leaving mybtwo boys behind will be list impossible. But then I worry that when I'm old and looked overhere ill blame them for it if that makes sense
Old Aug 7th 2011, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

TimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of lightTimNiceBut is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
it is indeed very British weather..i was told it didn't rain tho in summertime...yeah right!
Arcata is like being transported back to 1968...the hippies are alive and well. Its all cosmic here man!!!
Heh. Sounds like nothing's changed since my cousin was there in the late 90s.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 3:41 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mick65
I'm in just the same position, I get really home sick which my OH doesn't really understand, she true bit just doesn't get it. There's no way she will move to the UK so I have to live with it. I used to be able to to back twice a year for the last couple of yesrs, but this year the money just isn't there
If things don't change in the next year it so I'm going to review my situation but leaving mybtwo boys behind will be list impossible. But then I worry that when I'm old and looked overhere ill blame them for it if that makes sense
It is hard enough to consider going back by yourself, having children makes it basically impossible. I try not to think about that if I can at all avoid it.