Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Should I move to the USA?

Should I move to the USA?

Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

james900 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I move to the USA?

I was thinking about moving to USA when I'm older but I'm not sure to be honest, I was thinking Florida either orlando or tampa area but like I said nothing has been decided. My field is IT which means the US to my knowledge would be a good idea, and I agree with a lot of stuff the US does although, I think they can get out hand sometimes. I wish they would make changes on some things such as gun control could be tighter for example . To me personally I just want freedom in which there is plenty of jobs and there is plenty of nice people so I can settle down away from all this political correctness and rules in which governments in the UK seem to like to force upon innocent people with or without reason.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:44 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I move to the USA?

Originally Posted by james900
....so I can settle down away from all this political correctness and rules in which governments in the UK seem to like to force upon innocent people with or without reason.
Maybe you could join the NRA?

.... I wish they would make changes on some things such as gun control could be tighter for example . ...
or maybe not...
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:47 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking about moving to USA when I'm older but I'm not sure to be honest, I was thinking Florida either orlando or tampa area but like I said nothing has been decided. My field is IT which means the US to my knowledge would be a good idea, and I agree with a lot of stuff the US does although, I think they can get out hand sometimes. I wish they would make changes on some things such as gun control could be tighter for example . To me personally I just want freedom in which there is plenty of jobs and there is plenty of nice people so I can settle down away from all this political correctness and rules in which governments in the UK seem to like to force upon innocent people with or without reason.
Good plan! There's lots of IT jobs in Tampa and Orlando, by all accounts they are the tech-hubs of the future.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 6:53 pm
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. Next.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:10 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Obama kills innocent babies, with his death panels, so don't have any children if you come.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

nickkellie will become famous soon enoughnickkellie will become famous soon enough

If you want to change the USA before you've moved here then I think you have answered your own question.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

andrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond repute

I love lamp.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:22 pm

thinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond reputethinbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I really think you need to take a least 2 or 3 vacations to Florida before deciding if you want to move there. 3 aught to be enough. Probably best to find a home and buy it before worrying about what visa you will need to move there, those things usually fall in to place.
Also, make sure you stock up on crisps, Bovril, and 'real' chocolate, as life is intolerable here without those essential items. Don't forget your electrical items (they always work well with step-up transformers), and bring your bed! They don't sell beds in Florida, or indeed the whole US. Bed sizes differ here, so pack a couple of extra mattress protectors.

If you need any more help then ask away. If there is anything we can't answer then feel free to refer to the stickies as a last resort.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thinbrit
Maybe you could join the NRA?

or maybe not...
Might want to think about Canada ...
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

andrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond reputeandrewlohnes has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair the OP is only 5, just got the latest vtech though.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 28th 2014, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

SHOULD you move to the USA? Probably. CAN you move? Doubtful.

So as not to be rude like some others here, read the Wiki at the top of the USA page and see for which, if any of the visas you may be able to apply. Unless you're going to look for an American spouse, then your chances are slim to none.

I would also examine your motives VERY closely, because the reasons you've given are extremely naive at best.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking Florida
gun control could be tighter
Everywhere has tighter gun control than Florida.
Old Jul 28th 2014, 8:25 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anian
Everywhere has tighter gun control than Florida.
If only. To cite just one example:
... four states — Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming and Vermont — allow concealed carry without any permit ....
Old Jul 28th 2014, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

james900 is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't want to change it i just said i agree with some of the stuff they did.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.