Wikiposts

Shopping???

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:56 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping???

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Just out of interest where do you like to shop? For food/house hold we mostly shop at Meijers we have a couple of Walmart close by (although they are not super Walmarts) but to me they always seem dis-organised and dirty... however we do bulk by from Sams Club. Target is a good store but not usually as cheap as Meijers and as for Kmart
Errr...local co-op for fresh stuff, Hannafords for most grocery stuff...and Sam's Club every now and then for bulk...and while we're at it, will check out Target and Walmart...make the most of the hours drive and all that

Oh, also check out, but hardly ever get anything at JC Penny's and Filennes..the missus gets her work clothes for NY and Co.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Errr...local co-op for fresh stuff, Hannafords for most grocery stuff...and Sam's Club every now and then for bulk...and while we're at it, will check out Target and Walmart...make the most of the hours drive and all that

Oh, also check out, but hardly ever get anything at JC Penny's and Filennes..the missus gets her work clothes for NY and Co.
Whats co-op (dont get them down in TN)? I take it is not the same as the ones in the UK?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:03 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Who knows ... who cares....
Still banned from WinnDixie Ray?

As for us-
Grocerys and such- WalMart Supercenter and Publix
Veggies/Fruit- Local greengrocer (FatBoys Farmer's Market)
Clothes etc- Sears, Penny's, WalMart
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:15 am
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Groceries - Walmart, CostCo, Safeway
Electricals - Best Buy, Ultimate (play the two against each other for price!)
Clothes - JCPenny, Kohls, Gap, Banana Republic, Pac Sun

I have to admire the moralistic who won't shop in Walmart. Guess I'm fickle but I go where I'm going to get the best deal and save some money. Crude but simple! Plus my wife gets a 10% discount in Walmart as she is still on career break with Asda
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickmills
Whats co-op (dont get them down in TN)? I take it is not the same as the ones in the UK?
same idea, in that it is a co-operative, but not like the naff grocery store in the UK...it's, well around here, all organic or locally grown produce, well not all of it, but as much as possible...superb fruit/veg/meat...and great choice of foreign booze...and lovely cheese and proper milk too...somethings aren't cheap, but then some are a lot cheaper, and also get members discount, which is nice
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:40 am
Renegade who has it made

ladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond reputeladygwennie has a reputation beyond repute

Groceries: Sam's club (mainly for household goods for cleaning etc), Target and O'malias food market (occasionally kroger if im picking something up quickly).

Electricals: Best Buy, Circuit city maybe sears (all depends on what we need and who has it lol)

Clothes: Kohls, jcpenney, Ny and company, Express, general mall stores

Not a huge fan of walmart, don't go there to food shop, usually go in there if im looking for something some what practical (bought our grill there). Prefer Target for food shopping big time. O malias for me has a nice butcher and deli counter, so go there for that stuff.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:40 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

So what's Safeway like? take it not like back in blighty? and Publix?

Oh...and anyone miss Icelands? cracking pizza and ice-cream deals, miss those
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 6:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
I have to admire the moralistic who won't shop in Walmart. Guess I'm fickle but I go where I'm going to get the best deal and save some money. Crude but simple! Plus my wife gets a 10% discount in Walmart as she is still on career break with Asda
We're a bit sad, but as the local walmart, well in ever direction is at least 45-60 mins drive away, we normally pop in for a look around when we're near one, don't go to them specifically, but they do have good deal on mach 3 razor blades and fructose shampoo, which both seems really expensive everywhere else..
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Sophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond reputeSophia_S has a reputation beyond repute

.....sad really, but it's mostly walmart superstore for food and most other things...have a look in Kroger's,Cubs and Schnuck's(for food) every now and then,but the only thing that seems different to walmart for most everything thing is the price,at least round here!(Bloomington,IL)....there's a Mejers super store opening at the end of April,I've heard lots about how much better than walmart they are,so I'm waiting to get in there!....clothes are sometimes walmart or Target or Kohl's...Sophia
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
I have to admire the moralistic who won't shop in Walmart. Guess I'm fickle but I go where I'm going to get the best deal and save some money. Crude but simple!
For me it is not a moral issue, I love saving money however for me it is worth the few cents extra I may at Meijers to shop in place where the stock is on the shelves instead of scattered on the floor... usually a dirty floor at that. Not to mention the staff who look like they just got of jail or who should be in drug rehab. However in Walmarts defence... the one that we shopped at in Orlando (on sand lake rd) could not have been nicer.

Ash
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 7:58 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a meijers lad too.

although the one I went to in Flint last night didn't have any Pataks or other curry stuff, proper pissed me off.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:00 am

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
We're a bit sad, but as the local walmart, well in ever direction is at least 45-60 mins drive away, we normally pop in for a look around when we're near one, don't go to them specifically, but they do have good deal on mach 3 razor blades and fructose shampoo, which both seems really expensive everywhere else..
Mach 3 razor blades are MUCH cheaper at Sam's. I stock up on them there.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I'm a meijers lad too.

although the one I went to in Flint last night didn't have any Pataks or other curry stuff, proper pissed me off.
LOL... I can't do my weekly shop without a stroll down the international aisle. Couple of months back I bought a pataks ready meal... gotta say I was quite disappointed just stick to buying the jars and making my own in the future.

Ash
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:27 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

bob,

Publix is fantastic. Clean, extremely friendly efficient staff, always stocked up, brightly lit, a great place to shop, plus they have 2-for-1 deals all week now. They're open in the SE mostly. It is a FL market originally but have spread out the last years.

If I am mistaken, and I could be, the company is employee-owned. Ray might know more about it than I.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
LOL... I can't do my weekly shop without a stroll down the international aisle. Couple of months back I bought a pataks ready meal... gotta say I was quite disappointed just stick to buying the jars and making my own in the future.

Ash
if you like veggie curry try Green Guru's Channa Masala, its quite fabulous..seriously the best curry I've eaten since I got here and it made my nose run which is always a good sign. I buy them from Henrys Farmers market in the frozen section but I think Wholefoods also sell them, if you don't have these stores, they are made by deep foods and their website is www.deepsbest.com, they have other ones which I haven't tried yet but I intend too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.