Shopping???

Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shopping???

Just out of interest where do you like to shop? For food/house hold we mostly shop at Meijers we have a couple of Walmart close by (although they are not super Walmarts) but to me they always seem dis-organised and dirty... however we do bulk by from Sams Club. Target is a good store but not usually as cheap as Meijers and as for Kmart

Department stores I used to shop at Sears but the since they were bought out the sales are crap, I love the clearance deals they have at Younkers for brand name clothing and Kohls have very good deals. Jcpenny have lots of sales but never really seem that cheap?

Ash
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 5:09 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping???

Food: Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage, and a few local markets. Albertsons or Smiths when speed is of the essence.

Target over Walmart any day. KMart just a source of frustration. Department stores? None worth bothering with.

Bulk stuff: Costco.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 11:55 am
Position - Offside

Location: Harvest, Alabama from Newport Pagnell, Bucks/Mitcham, Surrey
Lynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond reputeLynne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Just out of interest where do you like to shop? For food/house hold we mostly shop at Meijers we have a couple of Walmart close by (although they are not super Walmarts) but to me they always seem dis-organised and dirty... however we do bulk by from Sams Club. Target is a good store but not usually as cheap as Meijers and as for Kmart

Department stores I used to shop at Sears but the since they were bought out the sales are crap, I love the clearance deals they have at Younkers for brand name clothing and Kohls have very good deals. Jcpenny have lots of sales but never really seem that cheap?

Ash

I agree about Sears, I have also noticed that they employ a lot of sales assistants but you can never get one to help you.

For food I use Publix. Clothing I use Kohl's. Hate Wal-Mart although there are some things in there that are a lot cheaper than some places especially in the food department. Prefer to use Target.

Coscto for bulk stuff although I am convinced they won't let you out of there until you have spent $100 or more. lolol

Most of the department stores here are owned by the same parent company so what you see in one store all the others have at the same price.

As someone who really hates to shop anyway, I try and do a lot of it mailorder. I am just waiting for Publix to do a delivery service. lolol
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Mainly Fry's and Sams club for grocerys. We just spent close to $3000 dollars in Sears on a cooker, fridge freezer etc etc and found the sales people very helpfull in a non pushy type way. Infact, we went in the store twice before actually buying to measure up and color co ordinate and on the third time, we made sure we dealt with the sales person who we saw the previous visits. They were doing interest free until April 2007 and a whole bunch of cashback as well.

Last edited by Pimpbot; Mar 22nd 2006 at 12:21 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 12:19 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Our supermarkets are pretty crap so we shop at the Co-op and even drive 2 1/2 hours to stock up on Trader Joe's stuff. Farmer's markets in the summer feed us well too.

As for department stores - forget it. It's like walking back into 1978. Horrible experiences. For that kind of stuff I shop online or go back to the UK

I would never in my life step into a Walmart
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Ash
hiya, yep like a rummage through walmart occasionally, i liken it to a large indoor market...lots of small individual clothes shops close to me so shop there, not too keen on the large department stores, all full of the same old crap....food shopping we have a great whole foods that sells lots of organic not sure how organic is here but we try. not got little 'uns anymore but i hear kohls is good. i was just back in blighty and the kids clothes in the gap was so cute and reasonably priced for the quality even m&s had some nice spring/summer kids clothes and all seem better quality than here.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

mickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond reputemickmills has a reputation beyond repute

Ash
usually a combination of costco/target/publix for groceries etc.
anything else, electronics etc usually get them online.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 2:47 pm

Shahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of lightShahlax is a glorious beacon of light

Ash
Food - Stop and Shop, Farmers Market, Whole Foods and Indian grocery store
Electronics - Best Buy online
My clothes - Rarely buy clothes here but when I do, I go to European stores like Zara and Mexx. I like Gap too. And occasionally TJMaxx or Marshalls
Husband's clothes - Burlington coat factory, Gap, outlet malls
Kitchen stuff - Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:03 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows ... who cares....
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

food, Henrys, Trader Joes, Vons *sigh*, Costco when I can be arsed..
clothes, I like Urban Outfitters and Nordstrom, for basic stuff, Target is fabulous. I still struggle with how old fashioned the clothes seem here so stay well away from the big department stores apart from Nordstrom, love Bloomingdales as well, practically identical to Selfridges back home but nearest one is in Hollywood, however we have a fab little independant shop in the village centre where I live and she always has nice stuff. Hubby tends to buy a lot of his stuff online from England. Kids as my daughter is 14 and hangs out with goths and emo's, secretly I know she loves Hot Topic although she'll deny it until she's blue in the face..For my three year old, buy a lot of things online as well as Target, Macy's, Nordstrom and anywhere I can buy Quiksilver etc..
Would rather slash my wrists than ever go into Walmart, makes Poundstretcher look upmarket..For housey things can't beat Target, I spend hours in there..
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 3:52 pm
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Russ&Jayne]Our supermarkets are pretty crap so we shop at the Co-op

But you won't go in a Walmart!
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:39 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=blaze]
Originally Posted by Russ&Jayne
Our supermarkets are pretty crap so we shop at the Co-op

But you won't go in a Walmart!
Umm, a Co-op is a health food store over here. Not the crappy ones in the UK Your local Co-op may be shite but ours is bleedin fantastic with fab organic food. And NO, I won't go in a Walmart, will you?
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:44 pm

Elsie The Maid is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Russ&Jayne]
Originally Posted by blaze

Umm, a Co-op is a health food store over here. Not the crappy ones in the UK Your local Co-op may be shite but ours is bleedin fantastic with fab organic food. And NO, I won't go in a Walmart, will you?

What's your peeve with Walmart? I love to buy clothes for my 2 yr old there. They're cheap and he won't fit in them for long anyway. They're much cheaper than the grocery store for things like shampoo, toiletries, etc. I also buy my rubbermaid type items there, along with Toys etc. Personally, I could spend hours in there.

Target is fab for clothes and household items.
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Food - Wegmans
Electronics - Circuit City
Clothes - Gap
Household stuff - Target (usually)
Old Mar 22nd 2006, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
Who knows ... who cares....

joycee does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.