Wikiposts

Shipping various things from UK to USA

Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:21 am
Just Joined

sk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping various things from UK to USA

Originally Posted by Welshgator
Yes, I was born in Wales.

I actually got my stuff back, some time later. Since it hadn't gone through customs it was a federal issue. The Feds laid baited containers then followed the thieves to various warehouses for a few months.
Awesome! I'm originally from South West Wales but living in Cardiff at the moment. Very jealous of you soaking up the sun in Florida!

Originally Posted by ottotheboar
It may be worth getting certificate of authenticity from the British Motor Heritage Center at Gaydon for your car. US Customs like them.
RORO is usually less expensive but with a car in a container there is a good chance Customs will look at it.
Do remember it must be power washed as they can send it back if it is dirty or make you get it washed on the docks.
I have never had any problems with insurance on imported cars.
A man who knows his stuff Thank you, I might just do that, I think its like anything where if you show you are well prepared with documentation etc then they look on you better than if you are disorganised.

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Before you ship it you should give it a generous coating of wax because it is going to be spending time at two docks and a number of weeks on a ship, all contained in a far-from-airtight metal box. It is also not uncommon for freight containers to be splashed with seawater during their voyage, so salty water can also enter a container.
Ahh Pulaski, you strike me as the realist/voice of reason on these forums. That is something I thought about, which is why i'm more encouraged by the RORO option, they are kept in a drier condition.

I think for the moment its going to be RORO the car, and just put the rest in parcels on a pallet. Thanks everybody
Old Feb 15th 2013, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping various things from UK to USA

Originally Posted by sk22
Awesome! I'm originally from South West Wales but living in Cardiff at the moment. Very jealous of you soaking up the sun in Florida!
I'm from Llanelli. We get some nasty cold fronts in North Fla this time of year, might dip down to 70s in the daytime over this weekend....brrrr.