Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping furniture from the U.K. to NYC

Shipping furniture from the U.K. to NYC

Old Nov 9th 2020, 10:28 am
Just Joined

marrduk24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping furniture from the U.K. to NYC

1. I need to ship some furniture from the U.K. to USA. Furniture would all be packed already - it’s new furniture and is in the same packaging that manufacturer packed it in.

2. I believe the furniture should fit in a 20 ft container

4. Furniture can be delivered to any warehouse in the UK

5. In NYC the furniture would have to be delivered to the address, unpacked and packaging removed.

Wondering what’s the most convenient way to do it? I have contacted. <<<snip>>> already? What other companies would you recommend?

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Nov 9th 2020 at 11:30 am. Reason: Company name removed
Old Nov 9th 2020, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

notaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond reputenotaclue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping furniture from the U.K. to NYC

Just curious - Did you buy new furniture for the move? It would be considerably cheaper to just buy furniture here.
Old Nov 13th 2020, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Burg3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I moved to New York State in august I used the white & company. Everything got here safely. I had the full service which is packing the boxes and unpacking other side down to hanging pictures.

shipping took about 9 weeks to arrive from Scotland to upstate New York so you may well beat that to the city
Old Nov 16th 2020, 7:09 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by notaclue
Just curious - Did you buy new furniture for the move? It would be considerably cheaper to just buy furniture here.
You can buy cheap furniture in the US but it is "cheap" in more than one sense; quality American furniture is expensive. That said, I wouldn't recommend bringing furniture from the UK because US homes are larger and British furniture will just look lost - we brought a dining table and chairs from the UK but they are too small to use for that purpose in our US home. And beds are different sizes from those in the UK, so bringing beds is a PITA because you'd have to buy the sheets and bedding from the UK (a UK king is very close to a US queen, so everything for a US queen except the fitted sheet would be OK).