Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping from Australia to USA

Shipping from Australia to USA

Old Nov 20th 2001, 9:51 pm
Deb

Hi to anyone moving to USA from Australia

Im in melbourne. Have my interview for 14 January in sydney but at the moment Im
trying to change that to the 10th. Hope they do. Ive looked into shipping as im
planning on taking a fair bit of stuff with me. There is a company in Melbourne
called OSS who are great. This is who Ill move with. They are fairly cheap. (about
half the price of pickfords etc) and they do door to door which a lot dont do. One
group wanted me to go to New York and pick the stuff up (Im moving to Boston). I
have checked out the credentials of OSS and they are good. They pack everything for
you (insurance purposes) and unpack the large stuff at the other end!!!!! And their
staff who i have dealt with have been the friendliest of the lot!! (goes a long way
with me). I am pretty sure they are a Nationwide company too. Shipping time is 5-8
weeks. They sort out insurance and everything. If anyone wants any more info about
them let me know.

Hopefully this info is of some help to someone out there.

Deb

Old Nov 21st 2001, 4:44 am
Di Martin

Yes the address or phone number would be greatly appreciated Deb although I don't
think I will need them, I plan to pack my 44years of life into 3 suitcases so will
hopefully only have to pay excess baggage for 1. Am selling off or giving away the
rest of my stuff (have already started to do so), as yet we still dont have 2nd NOA
but are hoping soon TSC is still real slow. Just one question Deb how long after you
got 2nd NOA did it take Sydney to get the info and mail out your package. Ok 2
questions sorry what service centre?? Thanks Di

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Nov 21st 2001, 12:31 pm
Raebear

Hi, Di,

Stephen and I went through CSC. We received our second NOA on March 26, 2001, and
Stephen had his packet in hand by April 5, 2001. It was FAST!! Hope it's the same for
you. - Rae

Di Martin wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

[usenetquote2]> > Hi to anyone moving to USA from Australia[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> >[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Im in melbourne. Have my interview for 14 January in sydney but at the moment Im[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > trying to change that to the 10th. Hope they do. Ive looked into shipping as im[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > planning on taking a fair bit of stuff with me. There is a company in Melbourne[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > called OSS who are great. This is who Ill move with. They are fairly cheap.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > (about half the price of pickfords etc) and they do door to door which a lot dont[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > do. One group wanted me to go to New York and pick the stuff up (Im moving to[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Boston). I have checked out the credentials of OSS and they are good. They pack[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > everything for you (insurance purposes) and unpack the large stuff at the other[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > end!!!!! And their staff who i have dealt with have been the friendliest of the[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > lot!! (goes a long way with me). I am pretty sure they are a Nationwide company[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > too. Shipping time is 5-8 weeks. They sort out insurance and everything. If[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > anyone wants any more info about them let me know.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Hopefully this info is of some help to someone out there.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Deb[/usenetquote2]

Old Nov 21st 2001, 9:05 pm
Deb

Hi Di - The phone numbers for OSS are: Mel - 03 9701 0700 Syd - 02 8825 9300 Bris -
07 3348 2500

Im not sure where you are (brisbane rings a bell). I cant believe you are packing all
your life in three suitcases. I get so attached to ornaments, books, teddies etc that
i just cant get rid of anything!!!!!!! Gets expensive but oh well. You should see
what i take over there on a NORMAL 3 month trip!!

We went through Vermont who are known for being pretty quick. They were. I think it
took sydney 3 weeks to get the stuff back to me. One thing i will give sydney is
that they seem to get the packages out quick. I just got packet 4 after about a
week and a half!!!! It is actually labelled 'packet 4' too! although it is just a
couple of pieces of paper. Good luck. If you want to know anything re the sydney
procedure, email me.

Regards Deb

Old Nov 22nd 2001, 8:37 am
Di Martin

Thanks Deb.....yes close to Brisbane, North Coast NSW actually. Basically all I am
taking is clothes, shoes, photo albums and a few books. Oh yes would you believe 3
Barbie Dolls lol. I do hope TSC gets their act together VERY soon .

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >