Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Shipping Atlantic Relocations / Robinsons / John Mason?

Shipping Atlantic Relocations / Robinsons / John Mason?

Old Jul 28th 2010, 10:19 am
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of
Default Shipping Atlantic Relocations / Robinsons / John Mason?

I have Atlantic Relocation's coming on Monday to quote and Robinson's on Wednesday I was also going to get a quote from John Mason.

I have gone through every thread and not found much info on them.

If anyone could let me know if they have had good / bad experience with the above I would be very grateful.

After talking to Anglo Pacific and them saying they would call me back couple of days ago I have still not heard from them not a good feeling to start with.

We are due to move from London to SF in September.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in Redmond, Washington, returning to Sydney 2013!!
SamG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Shipping Atlantic Relocations / Robinsons / John Mason?

John Mason moved us to Sydney 5 years ago, they were fantastic - competitively priced and reliable. The packers were great on the day and we had no problems with Customs at the other end. From my experience I'd highly recommend them. Don't know about the others.

Good luck with your choice!
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

krihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently trying to find someone as well. Like the price of John Mason, but beware that they take 12 weeks. That may not matter in your situation, but a problem for us.
Old Jul 28th 2010, 1:35 pm

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by krihaz
I am currently trying to find someone as well. Like the price of John Mason, but beware that they take 12 weeks. That may not matter in your situation, but a problem for us.
Where are you moving from - to?

12 weeks is far too long for me we will only have two cases..
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

krihaz is an unknown quantity at this point

Moving from UK (Derby) to Tennessee. Was told that the actual time on sea is about 15 days, but it takes them a long time before hand to fill the container with other people's stuff.

We are looking at a company called 1st Move International. They have some sort of pallet system and can do it in 16 days, door to door. Their quote is about the same as everyone else.

Krihaz
Old Jul 28th 2010, 2:32 pm

Thanks for that. We will have a full container (I think) so will not need to wait for it to fill up hopefully that will cut the time right down. (Hopefully)
Old Jul 30th 2010, 9:08 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

I work for a large corporate and used John Mason for our move from Richmond, London to Washington DC last month. I would highly recommend them. The local agent they used in the US was Victory Worldwide who were very efficient in keeping us informed of customs clearance time etc.

We had a 40ft allowance, but we actually only needed one TEU in the end. The packing service is very straightforward. Ours went Felixstowe to Baltimore and, as noted in other posts, most shipments are subject to Vacis exam these days. They also managed our air shipment.

I've no idea on costs, since I didn't see them, but the service was professional and nothing was damaged.
Old Jul 31st 2010, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by IPM
I work for a large corporate and used John Mason for our move from Richmond, London to Washington DC last month. I would highly recommend them. The local agent they used in the US was Victory Worldwide who were very efficient in keeping us informed of customs clearance time etc.

We had a 40ft allowance, but we actually only needed one TEU in the end. The packing service is very straightforward. Ours went Felixstowe to Baltimore and, as noted in other posts, most shipments are subject to Vacis exam these days. They also managed our air shipment.

I've no idea on costs, since I didn't see them, but the service was professional and nothing was damaged.
Thanks for the info think it maybe a good idea to get them to quote.