Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sex Offenders in Your Neighbourhood

Sex Offenders in Your Neighbourhood

Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:10 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sex Offenders in Your Neighbourhood

Originally Posted by Englishmum
The www.mapofsexoffenders.com site also shows a photo of the offenders (if the zoom level is at No 3).

I looked up the zipcode for where my friend lives and there are some convicted offenders living a few blocks away from her house; she lives in a neighbourhood with many young families.....going by their photos they all seem to be middle-aged or old men..
This link is an FBI page of links to each state's Sex Offenders Registry and it costs nothing to acess the data unlike the link given by Englishmum.

NC Penguin
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:14 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

The www.mapofsexoffenders.com site also shows a photo of the offenders (if the zoom level is at No 3).

I looked up the zipcode for where my friend lives and there are some convicted offenders living a few blocks away from her house; she lives in a neighbourhood with many young families.....going by their photos they all seem to be middle-aged or old men..

Earlier this year my boss actually recognized one man from the Megan's Law Website as the husband of one of his son's teachers. He went to the school and notified the Principal, he told the Principal that he didn't want to know what happened but wanted to make sure this man wasn't around the school.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
Though you say he's not a sexual predator, how does one really know that he may not become one? If he gets a liking for underage girls, who's to say that he won't look for sexual partners of that age group?

To me, it doesn't make a difference about the age, occupation or social standing of an individual who commits the crime of having sex with a minor.

NC Penguin
I dont know the boy, so he might very well be an apprentice rapist, but I do see that there is a spectrum of these offences, and at present he is only just on it (if the facts as reported to me by my friend are correct).

If he is a sexual predator, then hang him. If not, why tar him with the same brush?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:17 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Sex Offenders in Your Neighbourhood

Originally Posted by Roadster280
As a father of three small children, I wholeheartedly agree with the spirit of this. Unfortunately, it gets a little more complicated than this....

....someone I know has a foster son, aged 17. He thought his girlfriend (because she told him and she looked it) was 16. He "did the deed" with her, and got caught by her parents. Turns out she is/was 15. Now chappie has a statutory rape charge hanging over him. If he gets convicted, guess who goes on the register? Not her for lying, him for doing what comes naturally at that age.

Now I know there's lots of issues here, but I think the broad-brush approach can be just as destructive. Just some food for thought before we get caught up in the gung-ho Americanism of shooting first and asking questions later. (Which appears to be not far off what chappie did!)
Bloody Hell! If this was the case in the UK, I would think that a good majority of teenage boys would be on the sex-offenders register.

I can very well believe in your anecdote about the girl looking 16 and telling her boyfriend that she was; a lot of girls do mature at a younger age than boys. My own son (whom is rather quiet and shy) has just turned 17 and in the Summer holidays he had a date with a girl he'd met on Instant Messenger (all teenage kids seem to be doing this all over the USA)...I dropped him off at the cinema - had to hang around for a couple of hours grrrr) and after the film ended I gave her a lift home. Now this girl was taller than me (a big 'horsey' type of girl...a bit like Fergie, Prince Andrew's ex-wife). This girl lied about her age too - she told my son she was 16 and she was actually just about to turn 15! Thank goodness my son found out - and he promptly dumped her - but she still kept being a pest by phoning up all the time. I'm just glad it didn't lead to anything more serious....
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Bloody Hell! If this was the case in the UK, I would think that a good majority of teenage boys would be on the sex-offenders register.

I can very well believe in your anecdote about the girl looking 16 and telling her boyfriend that she was; a lot of girls do mature at a younger age than boys. My own son (whom is rather quiet and shy) has just turned 17 and in the Summer holidays he had a date with a girl he'd met on Instant Messenger (all teenage kids seem to be doing this all over the USA)...I dropped him off at the cinema - had to hang around for a couple of hours grrrr) and after the film ended I gave her a lift home. Now this girl was taller than me (a big 'horsey' type of girl...a bit like Fergie, Prince Andrew's ex-wife). This girl lied about her age too - she told my son she was 16 and she was actually just about to turn 15! Thank goodness my son found out - and he promptly dumped her - but she still kept being a pest by phoning up all the time. I'm just glad it didn't lead to anything more serious....
The obvious parallel is that if he hadnt discovered the lie, and had slept with her, this would all be rather closer to home. I'm glad he didnt! Good boy.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:41 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Just some food for thought before we get caught up in the gung-ho Americanism of shooting first and asking questions later. (Which appears to be not far off what chappie did!)
ROFLMFAO

Ohh didn't that little quote fit in there so neatly? LOL
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rushman
ROFLMFAO

Ohh didn't that little quote fit in there so neatly? LOL
Would I? ;-)
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:02 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Would I? ;-)
Yes!! You know you would and you know I would too. LOL
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rushman
Yes!! You know you would and you know I would too. LOL
Seriously, I think the boy might be in the $hit unfairly, but as has been pointed out, he might be guilty as a "puppy sat next to a pile of poo". In which case hang him.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:55 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Though you say he's not a sexual predator, how does one really know that he may not become one? If he gets a liking for underage girls, who's to say that he won't look for sexual partners of that age group?

To me, it doesn't make a difference about the age, occupation or social standing of an individual who commits the crime of having sex with a minor.

NC Penguin
That's ridiculous. Get's a liking for underage girls? That makes no sense at all. He's a kid for gawds sake. They tend to be attracted to people around their own age. She is his own age. Does a young boy sleeping with a young girl mean that he's going to be into young girls for the rest of his life? What planet did you beam that in from?

Are you really saying that if he's a day over the age of consent (which varies wildly around the world) and she's a day under then he's a criminal? It's not as if minors are defined in the same way throughout the world or even this country. Are you suggesting that he just cross a state line to somewhere it's legal and that would be ok with you?
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:01 am
Account Closed

Seriously, I think the boy might be in the $hit unfairly, but as has been pointed out, he might be guilty as a "puppy sat next to a pile of poo". In which case hang him.
I've been that puppy!!!

I must say I love your discriptions, they do get me chuckling.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:19 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBride
That's ridiculous. Get's a liking for underage girls? That makes no sense at all. He's a kid for gawds sake. They tend to be attracted to people around their own age. She is his own age. Does a young boy sleeping with a young girl mean that he's going to be into young girls for the rest of his life? What planet did you beam that in from?
We're talking about an older boy having a sexual relationship with an underage girl and that is illegal in the USA. Say he did know that in fact know that the girl was underage and he had not been caught. He may grow up into an an older man who is "attracted" to underage girls. That is what I'm referring to.

As has happened before, you read something completely different to what I intended but I'm used to that kind of thing from you...

<<snip>>

NC Penguin
Old Nov 11th 2005, 5:45 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

What utter bollocks.

17 year old boys sleep with 15 year old girls all over the world, and it is not considered illegal in most civilized countries. We're talking a 2 year difference here, not 20.

Many 15 year old girls look not a day younger than 20, so to label a kid who slept with someone two years younger than him, with a truly detestable label that will haunt him for the rest of his lifel, is to make a mockery of the system IMO.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

I can't help wondering at the double-entendre of searching for sex offenders by zipcode!
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

We're talking about an older boy having a sexual relationship with an underage girl and that is illegal in the USA. Say he did know that in fact know that the girl was underage and he had not been caught. He may grow up into an an older man who is "attracted" to underage girls. That is what I'm referring to.

As has happened before, you read something completely different to what I intended but I'm used to that kind of thing from you...

<<snip>>

NC Penguin
I think that you took Minority Report a bit too seriously.
Maybe we could run a DNA profile on all men at birth and stick them on the sex offenders register is the paedo gene is detected.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.