Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Setting up US Business Bank Account

Setting up US Business Bank Account

Old Mar 9th 2016, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

ecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Setting up US Business Bank Account

Hi there,

Having just received our EIN number - we need to set up our business bank account as part of the process for our E2 visa. I understand that its nearly impossible to apply online (we don't have a SS number etc and for security reasons I can understand) however does it need to be the business owner applying in person for the bank account or could someone else do this on our behalf? We have a close friend over in the US at the moment (tourist) who could do this whilst out there but was hoping for some advice? It may be a case of us having to take a trip but wanted to explore all options!

Many thanks
Old Mar 9th 2016, 2:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Setting up US Business Bank Account

I think you'll find that the account would need to be opened by an officer of the company, so one of the owners of a small business.

Hypothetically a power of attorney holder might be able to open an account, but the administrative faffing around, by you to get the paperwork in place, and the bank to review and decide if they will accept it, would likely make that impractical.
Old Mar 9th 2016, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

ecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond reputeecpb1992 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - I believe a short trip may be in order to save the faff!
Old Mar 11th 2016, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

jastanley34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Found your post and was wondering if i could get in touch and ask you sone questions about you E2 visa? We are just about to start the E2 process ourselves but finding it a little frustrating!
Thanks
Jess
Old Mar 11th 2016, 5:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jastanley34
Hi there,
Found your post and was wondering if i could get in touch and ask you sone questions about you E2 visa? We are just about to start the E2 process ourselves but finding it a little frustrating!
Thanks
Jess
Welcome to BE!

You'd be advised to not ask visa advice via PM, but rather on the forum. That way incorrect info can be corrected.

There is a US immigration forum section here on BE that is geared up for these questions and there have been a lot of threads on the subject that you could search out as a starting point.