Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Series Premieres

Series Premieres

Old Sep 25th 2003, 11:18 pm
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry to have broken this news to you in such a brutal manner. There, there, it'll be alright!

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
Noooooooo, Click here

BBC America will air EastEnders for the last time on Saturday, September 27th at 1 - 3:30 pm/et, 10 am - 12:30 pm/pt.

We'd like to take this opportunity to thank those loyal fans who have supported the program. Unfortunately, Nielsen ratings show that EastEnders continues to underperform compared with the rest of our schedule.

BBC America's Vice President of Programming will be hosting a live chat on Monday, September 29th at 1 pm/et, 10 am/pt to answer viewer questions. We would be grateful if you could direct your comments and questions to the live chat. Please log-on to this page prior to the chat for the Web address.

How and where am I gonna watch it?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:31 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

So what did people think of Friends/Will & Grace/Coupling (American version) ?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:48 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by afosuk
So what did people think of Friends/Will & Grace/Coupling (American version) ?
Good / so-so / didn't watch.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:52 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot to mention ER as well (just finished)
I'm not a fan but wife likes it.

The girl from "Bend It Like Beckham" has joined.

Good stuff, big budget version of Casualty.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:24 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Taped it last night, will watch it sometime today. Ahh......thought I heard a British accent on the trailers! Is she the same one who was in Pirates of the Carribean?

Friends was good, hope they can continue like this through the series. Coupling was OK, have never seen the BBC version. It had some funny moments but will the rest of the viewers feel the same? First episodes are always difficult to gage.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I missed the first of the new season of CSI last night ....... bugger ! but we did watch Without a Trace, which seemed OK.
The best news is that its hockey season YAY ..Go Wings !!! tis like rugby on ice, good fast game with a bit o'boxing thrown in

Jan
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:13 pm
Corpsicle

nathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the roughnathan barley is a jewel in the rough

The BBC has posted a comparison article of the UK/US versions of Coupling. [ here ]

I'll be honest and admit I have not seen the original Brit version, but I saw a few clips, and found it funny. I watched a few clips of the US version last night, and both myself and my wife were shocked at how much of a flaming pile of shite it was. Worst actors ever. Plus heartland America is just too uptight for something that risque.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsm is an unknown quantity at this point

WLIW (NY) has a loyal following for Eastenders, eventhough I think the episodes are at least a year behind the UK, but it's better than none at all.

I'm still pissed Fox cancelled "Keen Eddie", they could have at least shown the remaining episodes before cancelling it. I think I was the only person who liked it.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:19 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

You mean that Kiera Knightly...

What a beautiful looking girl.........and she's English!

I spent half the movie telling Mrs Yosser......."Cor she's bloody lovely"....in that pirates flick, the next day at work Mrs Yosser emailed me saying thats she's barely 17....bugger!

Its been a while since Blighty has groomed such a fine maiden
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:33 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mrsm
WLIW (NY) has a loyal following for Eastenders, eventhough I think the episodes are at least a year behind the UK, but it's better than none at all.

I'm still pissed Fox cancelled "Keen Eddie", they could have at least shown the remaining episodes before cancelling it. I think I was the only person who liked it.
All TV execs need their heads examining.....cancelling shows left right and centre before they've even finished showing the recorded shows. I ask ya! How about letting a few of them have time to actually develop and build up a fan base?
Whilst I'm at it, how did that garbage Good Morning Miami get a second series?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 8:40 pm

Originally posted by Yosser
You mean that Kiera Knightly...

What a beautiful looking girl.........and she's English!

I spent half the movie telling Mrs Yosser......."Cor she's bloody lovely"....in that pirates flick, the next day at work Mrs Yosser emailed me saying thats she's barely 17....bugger!

No it wasn't her. (Went looking for a pic to see who you were talking about and I agree, she's a looker.)

It was Parminder Nagra --->

She's a beauty as well though.

More info->
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619406/
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:29 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Yosser

We'll it was hard for them to top me!

DaveC... I'm still upset about EE.... I'm trying to find out about getting one of those huge satelite dishes etc.... Does anyone know if it is at all possible to get BBc in the states?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:33 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey she looks all grown up in that pic...

How come I can't paste a pic in my thread? I go to my browse button select pic but it doesn't paste......its doing my head in

Brigie darling honey....give up on the EE.....its a lost cause....just let it go.....don't worry you will get over it.....theres plenty of crap soaps to pick from here in the U.S.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 9:38 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

My daugher found a site where we can watch clips of past episodes and Todd says I can hook up a TV in the computer room if I can find a satelite thingy that gets the BBC. (He also says he thought I was the only one that talked like me till he heard Kat Slater talk) ô¿~

I'm not giving up yet... but I might be wearing black for a while!

Last edited by BrigieDarling; Sep 26th 2003 at 9:40 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:19 pm
Never right in the head!

No it wasn't her. (Went looking for a pic to see who you were talking about and I agree, she's a looker.)

It was Parminder Nagra --->

She's a beauty as well though.

More info->
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619406/
Apperently Kiera done a half nude scence in a movie called 'the hole'....and she was in Star Wars, I didn't know that either, also she is starring in a new movie about king Arthur, I shall be checking that one out with the permission of Mrs Yosser.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.