Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

sense of humor

sense of humor

Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:41 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute
Default sense of humor

when reading these threads over the past year I have come to understand many things I miss about the UK.....sense of humor is one of them......at work many times I am trying to crack jokes and sometimes take the piss just for fun and I am there bursting out laughing and then I look around me and find blank faces looking somewhat puzzeled .....even after 5-10 yrs of knowing someone they sill stare with that I have no idea what he's laughing at face on......wtf get me outta here.....think I need a few
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:56 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: sense of humor

Originally Posted by psb182
when reading these threads over the past year I have come to understand many things I miss about the UK.....sense of humor is one of them......at work many times I am trying to crack jokes and sometimes take the piss just for fun and I am there bursting out laughing and then I look around me and find blank faces looking somewhat puzzeled .....even after 5-10 yrs of knowing someone they sill stare with that I have no idea what he's laughing at face on......wtf get me outta here.....think I need a few

My god man! This is all serious didnt you know?
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

just need to find a few piss heads at work
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:42 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bob
just need to find a few piss heads at work
I reckon they'll all be put on the "Employee Assitance Program" if the are seen drinking during work hours.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:50 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I reckon they'll all be put on the "Employee Assitance Program" if the are seen drinking during work hours.
aye, probably...never mind half of them are stoners....but that test they threaten you with is only if they really want to fire you...there's an unflushable that's been fired months ago, she's still seen around the butt hut every now again to pass on her goods....hmmm...so nice to know your banking needs are taken care off....hmmm...did I say that... *l*
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

:scared: No lunchtime pint then (or G&T in my case) thats pants!!

Good british humor is when you boss turns round to you and say's ''shut up woman are you on the blob or something'' and I turn round and say ''no I aint but if you don't shut up im coming over their to stab you with my scissors''

Hmmm or is that just me being violent

hmmm or as I just overheard my work mate say ''she was flicking the bean over it'' such a funny line
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
aye, probably...never mind half of them are stoners....but that test they threaten you with is only if they really want to fire you...there's an unflushable that's been fired months ago, she's still seen around the butt hut every now again to pass on her goods....hmmm...so nice to know your banking needs are taken care off....hmmm...did I say that... *l*
LOL.

You want to see the "Employee Programs" we have. I think you'd have to be a lifelong mormon to pass them if they really wanted to slap it on you.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:55 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

LOL.

You want to see the "Employee Programs" we have. I think you'd have to be a lifelong mormon to pass them if they really wanted to slap it on you.
One of the main reasons I'm self employed
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sprintblue
:scared: No lunchtime pint then (or G&T in my case) thats pants!!

Good british humor is when you boss turns round to you and say's ''shut up woman are you on the blob or something'' and I turn round and say ''no I aint but if you don't shut up im coming over their to stab you with my scissors''

Hmmm or is that just me being violent
HAHAH.. "On the blob". Oh I think you just made a member called Ray a very unhappy person. He hates that saying...you shouldve seen the argument over it a few months ago.

hmmm or as I just overheard my work mate say ''she was flicking the bean over it'' such a funny line
Flicking the bean. Love it. My wife says that.

Nope, sorry, no lunchtime pub trips or tipples allowed over here. Alcohol is a dirty word.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
One of the main reasons I'm self employed
Yeah but you know me mate...I wind them and wind them until they are twanging then come over all innocent and coy just before they pop. They still dont know if im being serious or sarcastic with them.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:03 am
Forum Regular

sprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to allsprintblue is a name known to all

HAHAH.. "On the blob". Oh I think you just made a member called Ray a very unhappy person. He hates that saying...you shouldve seen the argument over it a few months ago.

Flicking the bean. Love it. My wife says that.

Nope, sorry, no lunchtime pub trips or tipples allowed over here. Alcohol is a dirty word.
Ha On the Blob...it's a lad's thing isn't it....All the blokes say it around here lol

Yeh ''Flicking the bean'' is such a funny statement!! It does make me giggle.

Yeh I know what there like with alcohol....only thing I won't be looking foward to....I like a drink or 5 on a Thursday & Friday.....and Saturday

Oh and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:06 am
Account Closed

Ha On the Blob...it's a lad's thing isn't it....All the blokes say it around here lol

Yeh ''Flicking the bean'' is such a funny statement!! It does make me giggle.

Yeh I know what there like with alcohol....only thing I won't be looking foward to....I like a drink or 5 on a Thursday & Friday.....and Saturday

Oh and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday

Depending on where you end up depends on what the extent of the absenteeism is like. Down here its not so bad but lunchtime drinking is very much frowned on all the same. Mind you I can understand that in my game to be honest.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

Mind you I can understand that in my game to be honest.

Yeh I mean I see your point, alot of men to have a problem getting it up after they have been on the sauce!!!

Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:22 am
Account Closed

Yeh I mean I see your point, alot of men to have a problem getting it up after they have been on the sauce!!!

Hehe. Not a problem Ive really suffered. Wouldnt want to upset the clients now.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 2:29 am
Forum Regular

Hehe. Not a problem Ive really suffered. Wouldnt want to upset the clients now.
Exactly, I mean if you can't please your customers you can't earn your wedge and thats not very nice for the misus now is it.....how is she supposed to spend your ''hard'' earned cash on clothes and shoes etc if you selfishly start having a few beers on a lunch time and therefor resulting in Mr Floppy??

men are so selfish!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.