Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Seeking options

Seeking options

Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:29 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking options

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I didn't like that either, but she said I had to be there.
Well you WERE there when it all started!!!
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
Well you WERE there when it all started!!!
Yeah that's what she told him
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
They won't let you go though with it if anything shows up as a problem beforehand, problems are less likely to arise in fact and if something did which the midwife could not handle you would do an emergency transfer. But of course, a personal decision.

Exactly. You are closely monitored by the midwife and you do see her on a monthly basis as you would your OBN. Your vitals are carefully screened and if there is any hint of a problem you are made to see a doctor. Fortunately, my daughter lives only 4 minutes by ambulance from the hospital so if there was a problem it would have been a quick call and trip.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 2:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

They won't let you go though with it if anything shows up as a problem beforehand, problems are less likely to arise in fact and if something did which the midwife could not handle you would do an emergency transfer. But of course, a personal decision.
Originally Posted by Rete
Exactly. You are closely monitored by the midwife and you do see her on a monthly basis as you would your OBN. Your vitals are carefully screened and if there is any hint of a problem you are made to see a doctor. Fortunately, my daughter lives only 4 minutes by ambulance from the hospital so if there was a problem it would have been a quick call and trip.
I appreciate that a home birth would not be possible if complications are foreseen. As for a quick transfer to a medical facility...I'd rather be there to start off with...just to be on the safe side.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I appreciate that a home birth would not be possible if complications are foreseen. As for a quick transfer to a medical facility...I'd rather be there to start off with...just to be on the safe side.
That's fine, but I will just point out that the hospital routine can in itself throw out the flow of one's labour and possibly lead to complications. My first baby was almost ready to be born when I arrived at the hospital but by the time they had faffed around and put me in a postion convenient for them, I lost the rhythm. This can lead to them starting to talk about caesarians etc, luckily I was OK but much preferred doing my own thing naturally at home.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

That's fine, but I will just point out that the hospital routine can in itself throw out the flow of one's labour and possibly lead to complications. My first baby was almost ready to be born when I arrived at the hospital but by the time they had faffed around and put me in a postion convenient for them, I lost the rhythm. This can lead to them starting to talk about caesarians etc, luckily I was OK but much preferred doing my own thing naturally at home.
As I said it is purely my opinion. FWIW when I went into hospital I quickly asked for pain relief...had a shot of pethadine...woke up 4 hours later and gave birth within the hour. Yes there was some talk of a caesarian section because I have small feet.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

As I said it is purely my opinion. FWIW when I went into hospital I quickly asked for pain relief...had a shot of pethadine...woke up 4 hours later and gave birth within the hour. Yes there was some talk of a caesarian section because I have small feet.
Twinkletoes
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

That means that your feet are smaller than a UK 4.5 or US 6.5/7.

And/or are five foot tall or shorter

It's still an "industry standard" - a small-footed woman is much more likely to have a smaller (internal) pelvis. (ie nothing at all to do with the hips that we put our hands on - if that makes sense....)
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 3:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
That means that your feet are smaller than a UK 4.5 or US 6.5/7.

And/or are five foot tall or shorter

It's still an "industry standard" - a small-footed woman is much more likely to have a smaller (internal) pelvis. (ie nothing at all to do with the hips that we put our hands on - if that makes sense....)
UK shoe size 2 to 3. Height 5' 3 1/2"
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Oooo delicate feet
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 4:55 pm
N99sea

naomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond reputenaomi has a reputation beyond repute

Although I can totally see why you would want to go back to England, definitely be prepared for a Plan B in case that doesn't work out. Although chances are very good you'll have a normal, healthy pregnancy, stuff can happen that is out of your control. I had a great pregnancy until the last month, when I developed pre-eclampsia and delivered at 36 weeks. Good luck, there are lots of good resources out there. BabyCenter.com is pretty good, and try Amazon for pregnancy books.
Naomi.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 8:51 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
IIRC when my wife had ours the baby was automatically covered for 30 days. That might be law.
It is, but some make it more of a ball ache than not for the cover...my previous insurance you had to fax them the details within 10 days of birth for them to keep paying directly rather doing refunds...that kind of thing.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 10:53 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Midway between Kim Jong Il and Francisco Franco would have been a better description, I believe.
Old Dec 2nd 2009, 11:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Midway between Kim Jong Il and Francisco Franco would have been a better description, I believe.
Are they a DD cup too?
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 12:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Are they a DD cup too?

Wow, you must be top heavy.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.