Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Seeking Employment in Northern VA & DC area

Wikiposts

Seeking Employment in Northern VA & DC area

Old Feb 5th 2008, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Seeking Employment in Northern VA & DC area

Originally Posted by Bob
EAD, make sure people understand you can work on it, because a lot of people don't understand the whole thing, greencard or nothing, especially when they see a expiration date.

But anyway, networking is the best way...www.linkedin.com any professional organisations you belong too and all that fun stuff....
Don't I remember that if one arrived on a K-1 (i'm guessing perhaps the OP did) you actually are allowed to work - you just don't have the stamp to prove it unless you came through JFK and they gave it to you?
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:44 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
Don't I remember that if one arrived on a K-1 (i'm guessing perhaps the OP did) you actually are allowed to work - you just don't have the stamp to prove it unless you came through JFK and they gave it to you?
Not exactly. K-1s are allowed to 'apply' for an EAD based on the K-1 status (valid for the 90 days of the K-1 status). If this EAD is given as a stamp at the POE, it is instantaneous and valid for an entire 90 days.
If the K-1 applies through normal channels, the EAD takes 90 days to arrive (min) and by then of course, the K-1's 90 days are also over, so that EAD is not valid.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
True, but reality is, no one really will touch you without proof of a stamp, and it's hard enough with an EAD as it it.
Old Feb 6th 2008, 5:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
True, but reality is, no one really will touch you without proof of a stamp, and it's hard enough with an EAD as it it.
And I don't think this OP came on a K-1, so it's a bit moot.