Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Secondary on land border crossing - American

Secondary on land border crossing - American

Old Jun 1st 2018, 9:42 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Secondary on land border crossing - American

There's a 100 mile zone that goes around the borders of the USA. Constitutional protections don't apply there. Something like 70-80% of people live within that zone.
https://www.aclu.org/other/constitut...le-border-zone
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 1:33 am
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simm100
After they returned they stamped my passport and the exit card form and I was on my way out. I asked but they gave me no reason for the extensive search, only "We just wanted to enjoy your company".
It could have just been a random inspection, if it keeps happening though and you're not a criminal and you're not in NCIC or III then it's usually because they're getting you mixed up with someone else. Unbeknown to me I was actually on the "do not fly" list for awhile, or more accurately I was routinely confused with someone on it, so every time I crossed I got sent to secondary. The solution is this: request a copy of your entry record under the Privacy Act using form G-639 (I think this can be done electronically now). This will give you an idea what the problem is, they redact sensitive parts. The second thing to do is complain to DHS-TRIP: https://www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip They will investigate, figure out the problem and give you a "traveler redress number" which you can give to CBP at the POE, they also add information to your entry record if necessary.

In my case not only were they confusing me with the wrong person, but he went to court to get his name taken off the list, so even he shouldn't have been on it!
Old Jun 2nd 2018, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_
The second thing to do is complain to DHS-TRIP: https://www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip They will investigate, figure out the problem and give you a "traveler redress number" which you can give to CBP at the POE, they also add information to your entry record if necessary.
Does it make it easier smuggling illegals, drugs, guns, Crown Royal, etc once you have a traveller redress number?