Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

seattle............

seattle............

Old Oct 11th 2006, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of
Default seattle............

Hi!
I am living in Vancouver, BC
I am going to Seattle for the weekend soon.
Friends have booked a hotel near Dennie park, is this a good neighbourhood, ?
any advice appreciated, plus things to do please!!!!! (apart from the obvious, needle, aquariam etc)
Old Oct 11th 2006, 7:13 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: seattle............

Originally Posted by London7
Hi!
any advice appreciated, plus things to do please!!!!! (apart from the obvious, needle, aquariam etc)
If you like to know a place you could do a sightseeing trip on - http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/. It gives you a tour and a trip on lake union, I thought it was interesting but it's not cheap about $23. When you do the needle go outside and wait for one of the guides giving you info at the top of the needle. I don't know what you are into and your likes/dislikes etc, but if you want a quieter day take the bainbridge ferry from pier 52 at the waterfront downtown seattle and you drive or bike around a quiet picturesque island (if it is a clear day). There are loads of things to do but in a weekend you are limited, actually most of my best days out aren't downtown seattle but the nearby beautiful countryside.
Old Oct 14th 2006, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

London7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud ofLondon7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by irnbru4u
If you like to know a place you could do a sightseeing trip on - http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/. It gives you a tour and a trip on lake union, I thought it was interesting but it's not cheap about $23. When you do the needle go outside and wait for one of the guides giving you info at the top of the needle. I don't know what you are into and your likes/dislikes etc, but if you want a quieter day take the bainbridge ferry from pier 52 at the waterfront downtown seattle and you drive or bike around a quiet picturesque island (if it is a clear day). There are loads of things to do but in a weekend you are limited, actually most of my best days out aren't downtown seattle but the nearby beautiful countryside.

Hi!
Thanks so much for the info.
ride the duck looks fun!
we are only 2 housr away, so we will be doing more weekends, so i can hopefully see lots over the visits!
thanks again bye
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

k1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nicek1journey is just really nice

Hi!
You could go to the the museum of flight and see a fantastic part of British Avaition History - The Concorde. It is about 10 minutes south of downtown.

http://www.museumofflight.org
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:26 pm

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

ride the duck looks fun!
it is just make sure you don't end up on one with only 2 tourists in it as it is more fun with a full one. The guy that's bald seems to be the funniest driver.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:28 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
The fishmarket - and plenty of nice seafood restaurants.

The art museum is very nice too!

There is a street nearby with lots of nice shops - art, antiques, rugs, books... some nice clothes too.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira

There is a street nearby with lots of nice shops - art, antiques, rugs, books... some nice clothes too.
glad elivra is here to bring some class to the discussion. I tell someone to go on ride the ducks and you show your class by saying go to a art museum and culture shops. I go away humbled !
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:34 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

glad elivra is here to bring some class to the discussion. I tell someone to go on ride the ducks and you show your class by saying go to a art museum and culture shops. I go away humbled !

Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:36 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing wrong with the Ducks, do they give you quackers so the tourists can really piss off the natives like they do in Philly?
Old Oct 16th 2006, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Nothing wrong with the Ducks, do they give you quackers so the tourists can really piss off the natives like they do in Philly?
yes! but it is amazing the number of people in the streets that seem to have the quackers and quack back
Old Oct 16th 2006, 11:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
The fishmarket - and plenty of nice seafood restaurants.

Narrows things right down, Elvira.....
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:01 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Either they don't have an opera house, or somebody don't like the one they have
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:37 am
Homebody

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Either they don't have an opera house, or somebody don't like the one they have
I have not been so could not comment. Maybe next time
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Well I've not been to either city, but have a friend in Vancouver who sometimes goes shopping in Seattle. Apparently it's dirt cheap compared to Vancouver. I believe she said that on her most recent trip, she returned to Canada with 5 new pairs of shoes.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 1:42 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

How long is the drive between Vancouver and Seattle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.