Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Screen doors make me scream

Screen doors make me scream

Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:37 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Screen doors make me scream

Can we get some cleaning tips on screen doors, after a while the small mesh gets clogged with a film of dust. It's 4:30 AM and I need answers........!?!?!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 2:43 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
Can we get some cleaning tips on screen doors, after a while the small mesh gets clogged with a film of dust. It's 4:30 AM and I need answers........!?!?!
vacuum cleaner with the furry bristles....that, or masking tape used like a lint brush...
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
vacuum cleaner with the furry bristles....that, or masking tape used like a lint brush...
Your well good with your vacuum cleaner ain't ya me little darline
Old Sep 27th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silly Sod
Can anybody tell me how long you have to live here before you stop walking into the screen door? I do it everyday and even my missus no longer finds it amusing or endearing. I actually broke her fathers screen door last week - they were all very nice about it but I felt like a bit of a tw*t (or twod as my OH says).
And why do americans seem to think that you are perfectly safe in your bed so long as the screen door is closed. Are these people insane?!?!??
Oh so much to learn ((
I've never walked into a screen door anywhere. I've seen footage of cats running into screen doors but they're cats. I think I know why you call yourself Silly Sod!
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

We have double frech doors to our deck with a sceen that pulls across to cover the main door we leave open in summer, the f**kin dog walks right through it
When it's really hot and we put the dog out for a while she has gone to the upper level of the deck and jumped through the screen on the dining room window
No wonder Rushman hates our dog
Old Sep 27th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

angelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond reputeangelman has a reputation beyond repute

we have wall to wall sliding glass doors plus screens. The screens arent a problem but i am scared of the galss doors. I cleaned them all a few weeks back and was naturally very careful to check that they were open before walking through. One night I came home and BANG slammed nose first straight into the glass. Amazing how hard that is at walking speed. Fortunately the glass didnt break could have been nasty. Now I kind of tentatively put my arm out when I get near the doors to check like some blind man...

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
We have double frech doors to our deck with a sceen that pulls across to cover the main door we leave open in summer, the f**kin dog walks right through it
When it's really hot and we put the dog out for a while she has gone to the upper level of the deck and jumped through the screen on the dining room window
No wonder Rushman hates our dog