Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Scots Marriage License Not Acceptable?

Wikiposts

Scots Marriage License Not Acceptable?

Old Jun 10th 2008, 4:20 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scots Marriage License Not Acceptable?

aahh - i had it wrong way round - you were right Mr F.

Blood group and Rhesus factor – your blood group is taken in case you lose a lot of blood during labour and need a transfusion. Your rhesus status matters when you’re pregnant because if you’re rhesus negative and the father of your baby is rhesus positive, your baby could be rhesus positive. That is, your baby’s blood could be different from yours. During pregnancy, a few of your baby’s red blood cells will pass into your circulation. Your immune system recognises these cells as different from yours and forms antibodies against them. When the antibodies pass back into your baby’s circulation, they can destroy his red blood cells.
Babies born with rhesus disease used to be very poorly indeed, but nowadays they can be protected while still in the womb. You will have your blood checked during your pregnancy to see if you are rhesus negative; if you are, then at 28 and 34 weeks, you may be offered anti-D injections. Anti-D coats your baby’s red blood cells so that your immune system doesn’t respond to them. If you have an accident, such as a car crash or a fall, or if you have amniocentesis, you will be offered an additional anti-D injection. This is because such an event makes it more likely that blood cells from your baby will pass into your circulation, triggering the formation of antibodies.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 6:19 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MsElui
aahh - i had it wrong way round - you were right Mr F.
Hi:

As I said, it was personal. I learned early on that the A-neg was a blessing. From what I understood, the fact that my older brother had been positive created a risk for me.

I never did ask if Mom had a c-section for either of us. I don't care to ask Dad at this time.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 7:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
effectivly the babies blood and the mothers blood are clashing. If mommies blood wins - baby dies, hence need for shots to try and stop mummies blood winning. (happens when baby takes after fathers negative blood type AND its different to mothers positive blood type. Often doesnty cause much harm to a first child between the two - BUT can cause big issues for the subsequent children as the mother developes antibodies (i think).
It's the Rh factor - you either have it (positive) or you don't (negative).

If the mother is Rh negative, and the father is Rh positive - if in the first pregnancy the baby is Rh positive, the mother's immune system is sensitised. But it doesn't do anything to that baby.

If in the second or subsequent pregnancies, the baby is positive, the mother's immune system sees that positive Rh in the baby as a foreign substance and attacks it.

As has been said, can have horrendous consequences - profund retardation etc. or death of the fetus.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:01 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
It's the Rh factor - you either have it (positive) or you don't (negative).

If the mother is Rh negative, and the father is Rh positive - if in the first pregnancy the baby is Rh positive, the mother's immune system is sensitised. But it doesn't do anything to that baby.

If in the second or subsequent pregnancies, the baby is positive, the mother's immune system sees that positive Rh in the baby as a foreign substance and attacks it.

As has been said, can have horrendous consequences - profund retardation etc. or death of the fetus.
But can be treated effectively with injections of some sort??? What do they inject with???
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mellybrown
But can be treated effectively with injections of some sort??? What do they inject with???
Anti-D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rho(D)_Immune_Globulin
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:22 am
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
thanks
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:27 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

If she's filing for a Green Card from within the US...... what did she enter with? The VWP? Maybe that's why she was denied?

Found another article (terribly written too) with a video as a bonus. It shows what looks to be the photo page of his US passport, though I'm not entirely sure.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
Old Jun 10th 2008, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Found another article (terribly written too) with a video as a bonus. It shows what looks to be the photo page of his US passport, though I'm not entirely sure.
http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.2.1
She talks funny, they definitely shouldn't let her in.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 2:54 pm
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Anotherlimey - She sounds like a typical Weegie.

I tought I taw signs up in our local hospital which states:
"We will not refuse care to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay"
Wonder if they have that in FL?

Still not convinced on the whole "they won't recognize the Scottish marriage certificate" reasoning.
Where is Dean the Consul when you need him? Gie's a rulin', eh?
Old Jun 10th 2008, 2:56 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
I tought I taw signs up in our local hospital which states:
"We will not refuse care to anyone, regardless of their ability to pay"
you did, the hospital doesn't say how long it takes the invoice to get processed and in the mail though.
Old Jun 10th 2008, 8:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that they are primarily using this issue to try to speed up/straighten out the GC process. It appears that he doesn't make very much money but if she gets a GC, medicaid will probably cover her medical 100% due to his low income for a family of 5/6.

However it probably doesn't make a lot of difference whether medicaid pays for the medical or not since they are already tens of thousands in debt and a few thousand more probably won't make much difference. Any county hospital has to treat her (regardless of the ability to pay) and the only real difference will be the amount of debt they will have when they probably will have to file for bankruptsy in the future.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Michael
I suspect that they are primarily using this issue to try to speed up/straighten out the GC process. It appears that he doesn't make very much money but if she gets a GC, medicaid will probably cover her medical 100% due to his low income for a family of 5/6.

However it probably doesn't make a lot of difference whether medicaid pays for the medical or not since they are already tens of thousands in debt and a few thousand more probably won't make much difference. Any county hospital has to treat her (regardless of the ability to pay) and the only real difference will be the amount of debt they will have when they probably will have to file for bankruptsy in the future.
If he sponsored her, medicaid could claim that money back from them I believe - that's the purpose of sponsorship, so you can't bring someone here and have them claim money from the government.

Hospitals have to treat you in an emergency, not sure they have to treat you for "routine" matters. But they might, especially a county or other not for profit public hospital.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:41 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
She talks funny, they definitely shouldn't let her in.
I like it...
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
If he sponsored her, medicaid could claim that money back from them I believe - that's the purpose of sponsorship, so you can't bring someone here and have them claim money from the government.

Hospitals have to treat you in an emergency, not sure they have to treat you for "routine" matters. But they might, especially a county or other not for profit public hospital.
I agree that is the purpose of sponsership and I don't think medicaid will pay for that situation. However, once she gets the GC, then I think medicade will pay if the combined salary is low.

Federal law requires hospitals to provide emergency care to critically ill or injured patients regardless of their immigration status. But because many illegal immigrants work in low-wage jobs that offer no benefits, and cannot qualify for Medicaid, they use emergency rooms as their primary source of routine and critical health care. As the number of such patients increases sharply in states like Florida, California, Texas and Arizona, so too does the financial burden on health care centers that treat them, hospital administrators say.

If all else failed, I suspect that all she would need to do is go to the emergency room and say that her baby will die if she doesn't get the shots. No county hospital would take the chance of refusing her request and then potientially being sued for malpratice.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Michael
I agree that is the purpose of sponsership and I don't think medicaid will pay for that situation. However, once she gets the GC, then I think medicade will pay if the combined salary is low.

Federal law requires hospitals to provide emergency care to critically ill or injured patients regardless of their immigration status. But because many illegal immigrants work in low-wage jobs that offer no benefits, and cannot qualify for Medicaid, they use emergency rooms as their primary source of routine and critical health care. As the number of such patients increases sharply in states like Florida, California, Texas and Arizona, so too does the financial burden on health care centers that treat them, hospital administrators say.

If all else failed, I suspect that all she would need to do is go to the emergency room and say that her baby will die if she doesn't get the shots. No county hospital would take the chance of refusing her request and then potientially being sued for malpratice.
If she does get medicaid, the sponsor would be liable. If you're not a citizen, and claim benefits, your sponsor can be liable. So they'd (at least in theory) get the bill either way.

I don't know if the ER would treat that or not. I'm ill - and I want a "routine" shot - dunno. They might I suppose...

I'd think some sort of charity clinic might be possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.