Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

School Bus, what would you do.

School Bus, what would you do.

Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:50 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: School Bus, what would you do.

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
lol - my daughter is starting kindergarden next Tuesday, there is no way in hell I'd ever stick her on the bus and not give it another thought. Besides, I have to take her anyway....
might as well take.....you have to serve up her dinner along with the other kids don't ya!!
Old Aug 31st 2006, 3:53 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by britvic
I'm going to the School tomorrow, to ask a few Qs about the Bus now, and if it is just one of them little buses with little ones in it I'll be fine with that
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! yOU do not PUT YOUR KID ON THE "SHORT BUS". That's the thicko pikey kid's bus
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:14 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

After visiting my Son's School today, the Teacher told me to just put him on the School Bus and not to give it a second thought well I am, being as he is only four, I thought it best to take him for at least the first few week's. So what do you think

Oops, deleted my post by mistake!

Last edited by blaze; Sep 1st 2006 at 12:36 am.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:37 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

After visiting my Son's School today, the Teacher told me to just put him on the School Bus and not to give it a second thought well I am, being as he is only four, I thought it best to take him for at least the first few week's. So what do you think
The school's think of it as nothing to be concerned about over here since it's been the way things are done for so long I guess....! ....... He'll get used to it in time, and before you know it they think nothing of it.

but for the 1st few weeks, it'll worry you senseless and then you get to look back on it in years to come and wonder why you worried.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blaze
I know you have 5 pages of responses (I only just saw this thread!) but I am in the same position as you (except my son isn't even 3!) and we have to put him on a school bus for the first time in about 2 weeks. We were considering not even sending him to pre-K because this was traumatizing me but we are going to try it and see. My OH would be able (and is willing) to take him to school every day but neither one of us would be able to pick him up so either way he will end up riding the bus. The school is 15 miles away so it's not like it's around the corner (it is only 4 miles from my office though so I won't be that far away during the time he's there.)
There are more complex issues here for us as our child has special needs and if he doesn't go to this school then he will lose his home based therapies once he hits 3, that's why they then go to an all inclusive pre-K which has the therapies incorporated into the day.
Believe me when I say that this has been torture for us and I am still uneasy about it. The first couple of weeks hubby is planning on following the bus to see how it goes. I however won't be able to do that so I will just have to grin and bear it. The option for me to stop working came up as this would be the only way to prevent all this anguish but I really, really don't want to do that, but if I had to I would for my child (and my sanity!)
My my Blaze and here's me worrying, such stress for you indeed, Hub's is doing the right thing following the Bus I really hope it all work's out for you all. Vic xx
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:39 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

My my Blaze and here's me worrying, such stress for you indeed, Hub's is doing the right thing following the Bus I really hope it all work's out for you all. Vic xx
Good luck. all will go well, just you wait and see
Old Sep 1st 2006, 12:55 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, deleted my post by mistake!
Well I was just going to say it's so much harder on the parents. He will be well looked after.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:03 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Thank god you replied to my post before I deleted it, I didn't want to type the whole thing again!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:04 am
Blondie22

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Well I was just going to say it's so much harder on the parents. He will be well looked after.

I know
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:06 am
Blondie22

Thanks for the karma! Everytime I try to send you or Jersey some it tells me I need to spread but it's been saying that for weeks! sorry
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the karma! Everytime I try to send you or Jersey some it tells me I need to spread but it's been saying that for weeks! sorry
Never mind the thought was there I dont know whats going on with mine but I seem to have tuns to spread at the moment and I certainly dont hoard it.
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:18 am
Blondie22

Never mind the thought was there I dont know whats going on with mine but I seem to have tuns to spread at the moment and I certainly dont hoard it.

It makes no sense to me because I should be able to send to you again by now. But the thought was definately there!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

It makes no sense to me because I should be able to send to you again by now. But the thought was definately there!
There has to around 25 deposits to other people before you can give to the same name again ...
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:41 am
Blondie22

Originally Posted by Ray
There has to around 25 deposits to other people before you can give to the same name again ...

Oooohhh bugger, I guess I'm being a bit chintzy elsewhere then!
Old Sep 1st 2006, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Ray
Dose it matter if we like to give it more frequently to the same ones in a certain amount of time, just as long as we've been spreading

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.