Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Scariest Moment...

Scariest Moment...

Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:16 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Scariest Moment...

A earlier thread made me think of this one, I was windsurfing in a place called Margeret River 4 hours south of Perth, they have a world class surf break beach there, huge waves and trade winds.

Anyways I got to the beach late that day rigged up and spent ages having fun in the waves, the wind started to swing a little off shore which makes it harder to get back to the beach.

It was now late in the afternoon and the wind got really gusty so I decided to go way out so I could catch my last wave in, I was a good 1/4 mile out to sea when out of the corner off my eye, I saw a single rather large fin, on my trip so far I had seen countless dolphins but they were always in packs and their fins were pretty small in comparsion to this monster about 15 meters to my left, ok crappey pants time, I turned around and headed back in, but the wind dropped to almost nothing, I'm standing there on my board waist deep in water, and no-one around me I still had a good half a football pitch to go to the shore line, the only thing I could do was to tie the downhaul rope around my leg and swim like a man possessed windsurf kit in tow, if a man could of walked on water, then Yosser would of, I have never ever been so frigging petrified in my life and am pretty glad I made it in one piece.

Imagine this bastard luanching out at ya.
Attached Thumbnails Scariest Moment...-shark.jpeg  
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:18 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scariest Moment...

You would of been safe, they don't eat there own
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Lucky you had your camera with you then
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:31 pm
Never right in the head!

Yosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond reputeYosser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by rogerpenycate
Yep, not only did I have time to swing round and take a shot with my Cannon 85mm that JUST so happend to be hanging around my neck I actually took the time for a marine biology report on the re-production of great whites at the same time.

Impressive eh!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Talking Re: Scariest Moment...

Originally posted by Yosser
Yep, not only did I have time to swing round and take a shot with my Cannon 85mm that JUST so happend to be hanging around my neck I actually took the time for a marine biology report on the re-production of great whites at the same time.

Impressive eh!
Awesome
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:07 pm
Under Achiever

dudleydowg is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank god they don't have legs ehh
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:17 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

the only thing I could do was to tie the downhaul rope around my leg and swim like a man possessed windsurf kit in tow, .

Nah- theres one other thing that you could have done .... said bugger the windsurfer and gone back for it later in a nice big boat!! Taking it with you when you were being chased by a great white? Reckon that either makes you the biggest hero since Col H, or the biggest plonker since Rodney! Votes on a postcard please.....
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:48 am
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
Nah- theres one other thing that you could have done .... said bugger the windsurfer and gone back for it later in a nice big boat!! Taking it with you when you were being chased by a great white? Reckon that either makes you the biggest hero since Col H, or the biggest plonker since Rodney! Votes on a postcard please.....
I think my vote is a given!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:06 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Patrick
I think my vote is a given!
I almost put a 'Ps' to tell you not to waste the postage Patrick, but then I thought that I was maybe being too presumptuous!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:12 am
Pagan Sex God

Originally posted by Yorkieabroad
I almost put a 'Ps' to tell you not to waste the postage Patrick, but then I thought that I was maybe being too presumptuous!
My first thought when I read this thread was "Chinny Reckon"
Attached Thumbnails Scariest Moment...-_1569044_jimmy_hill_game_300.gif  
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:16 am

eh?
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Patrick
My first thought when I read this thread was "Chinny Reckon"
Oi,
Get off the back of Fulham's former player and Chairman.
A bit of useless information.
"The Chin" is the only man to have been a player,coach,manager and chairmen of football clubs.
He also broke the 100 pounds maximum wage for players, way back when.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:57 pm

BrigieDarling will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by rogerpenycate

LMAO! (we're just kidding Yos!)
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:42 pm
Never right in the head!

Originally posted by BrigieDarling
LMAO! (we're just kidding Yos!)
About the large fin? no, I mean it could of been a dolphin on steroids but I wasn't hanging around to find out. That pic was taking in South Africa I think, I just thought it was cool and had never seen a great white leap out of the water like that. (added a bit of flavor too my thread)

Patrick thinks I'm telling tales I guess, but thats his problem.
Some people just have a dull life, just a few months before that a chap in a canoe was attacked right outside Perths city beaches they hunted that shark down for days before killing it.

On the news last night and in a mag I was reading in Tom Thumb there was a 13 year old girl in Hawaii that had her entire arm bitten off by a tiger shark, she was just sponsored to become a professional, poor girl must be gutted

Yorkie leaving the windsurf kit at first seems like a sensible thing to do, but if you lay the rig in the water combined with the board from under the water looking up, it looks like a bigger vessel so experts say if you can stay with your kit it could also be used as a barrier if you should get attacked. The reason why surfers get attacked WAY more than any other water user is because again from under the water all you see is a seal lion type siloutte so sharks think surfers are their next meal.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:07 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

On the news last night and in a mag I was reading in Tom Thumb there was a 13 year old girl in Hawaii that had her entire arm bitten off by a tiger shark, she was just sponsored to become a professional, poor girl must be gutted
Apparently she wants to surf again. Very brave girl indeed. Bethany Hamilton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.