Say Hemi

Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pimpbot
..... My brother in law told me a few weeks back when we were discussing trucks, that Daimler(sp) were in the process of helping out Dodge with their transmission problems.
Ah! So you accept there is a problem with Dodge trucks!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pulaski
Ah! So you accept there is a problem with Dodge trucks!
You make it sound like ALL Dodge trucks fall apart, when you clearly read what effi wrote earlier about her husband being more than happy with his 2nd dodge truck. If there were that big of a problem, dont you think that people would stop buying them?. It makes perfect sense to me, to get someone with great automobile experience to give you input.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Modigliana is an unknown quantity at this point

Hemi's were invented prewar in Europe developed further postwar in the States by Chrysler (who obviously retain trademark). Nothing new in the name just a marketing nostalgia con.

Now, back to the new ad, this is how the first take went. Much better I think.

"Look son, this is all you need to know. Patrick. can you say Patrick"?

"Dickhead".

I hear that a new Dodge ad will have two men standing at the urinals and they will be heard talking about how size matters. Patrick is in the stalls and you can imagine the rest.

Even Daimler Chrysler knows!

Here.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:28 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Say Hemi

Ok .. I cheated a bit with the original question...having been involved in drag racing for some 20 years in my youth I did know all about them....my point was Chrysler spent all that money on advertising and very few people knew what a HEMI was, very few of the American people I asked even knew...the comment on the gearboxes was a bit of a surprise having owned 6 chrysler products over the years, and never once having a gearbox problem.. but have had a few A/C problems over the years... Have had a few Ford F100s with plenty of electrical problems and a few Chevy's with ancillary problems..so nothing is perfect, they all have there own little quirks...None of the trucks you all mentioned will get you very good gas mileage...so really its just down to what you like the look off.....me.. I am back to a another Dodge Ram 1500 2002...and it works, but not too hard..and is washed regularly every year..

And why does Patrick get a mention in this thread...Are we down to moaning about him in threads he has not even commented on...
Attached Thumbnails Say Hemi-rays-truck4.jpg  

Last edited by ray6; Dec 5th 2003 at 4:32 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2003, 11:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
.....the comment on the gearboxes was a bit of a surprise having owned 6 chrysler products over the years, and never once having a gearbox problem.. but have had a few A/C problems over the years... Have had a few Ford F100s with plenty of electrical problems and a few Chevy's with ancillary problems.......
OK check out this link on pick-up truck reliability. It only covers up to 1999, but you'll see that behind Toyota and Nissan comes the Ford F150, .... and no Ford comes below the highest ranked GM/ Chrylser product.

If you look a little closer at the figures, whilst the Ford F150 is rated at over 70%, Most of the GMs and Chrylser trucks at rated around 40% (+/- 5%).
Old Dec 7th 2003, 3:07 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

OK check out this link on pick-up truck reliability. It only covers up to 1999, but you'll see that behind Toyota and Nissan comes the Ford F150, .... and no Ford comes below the highest ranked GM/ Chrylser product.

If you look a little closer at the figures, whilst the Ford F150 is rated at over 70%, Most of the GMs and Chrylser trucks at rated around 40% (+/- 5%).
Thanks Pulaski..A most interesting link took a while to figure it out
until I read about the site owner who believe Japanese cars are gods gift to the world and everything else is crap...But aside from that you have to say as you find.. but Pimbot you won't be dissapointed with a 2003 Ram ....but for the Ford the 2004 is a new model and a lot better than the 2003....I have fond memories of my first pick-up ... back in the late 60s I got a 1959 ex-USAF F100 with about 200k miles at an auction and drove that around South London for 2 years.. it never actually managed to run a whole week without breaking down..but was a great fun truck...
Old Dec 7th 2003, 1:21 pm

.... the site owner who believe Japanese cars are gods gift to the world and everything else is crap......
Which is a, sadly, all too common veiw in America, which is why every third vehicle on the road seems to be an Accord, a Camry, or a Maxima.
..... I have fond memories of my first pick-up ... back in the late 60s I got a 1959 ex-USAF F100 .....
I don't have those fond memories, yet, I still have my first truck, you'll be surprised to hear its a , .... Ford , new in August last year, a 2003 model, and very nice it is too. A crew cab, and the bed has been well used carrying trees, timber, sheetrock, furniture (numerous times), a ride-on mower, a chipper/shredder, whiskey barrels (empty ), cement, sand, limestone (for a drainage project), drainpipe, re-bar, plywood, etc, etc . It has been a most useful investment!

Last edited by Pulaski; Dec 8th 2003 at 11:59 am.
Old Dec 8th 2003, 1:43 am
Ray

Which is a, sadly, all too common veiw in America, which is why every third vehice on the road seems to be an Accord, a Camry or a Maxima.

I don't have those fond memories, yet, I still have my first truck, you'll be surprised to hear its a , .... Ford , new in August last year, a 2003 model, and very nice it is too. A crew cab, and the bed has been well used carrying trees, timber, sheetrock, furniture (numerous times), a ride-on mower, a chipper/shredder, whiskey barrels (empty ), cement, sand, limestone (for a drainage project), drainpipe, re-bar, plywood, etc, etc . It has been a most useful investment!
wanna drag race challenge..

I'll turn the nitrous off...

Last edited by ray6; Dec 8th 2003 at 2:13 am.