Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Sausage and onion batches/rolls/whatever

Sausage and onion batches/rolls/whatever

Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:40 pm
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all
Default Sausage and onion batches/rolls/whatever

Being a newbie and not wanting to p*ss anyone off I'd just like to share something with you all......

I am sitting here by a nice warm fire eating a sausage and onion batch (butty) with some lovely HP sauce.
For afters I will be having some Butterscotch Angel Delight, courtesy of recent visitors we have had.

This report is brought to you by Bridget Jones VERY important person (in my own mind)

Here's your starter now you provide the main course
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:48 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sausage and onion batches/rolls/whatever

Originally Posted by skybluesue
Being a newbie and not wanting to p*ss anyone off I'd just like to share something with you all......

I am sitting here by a nice warm fire eating a sausage and onion batch (butty) with some lovely HP sauce.
For afters I will be having some Butterscotch Angel Delight, courtesy of recent visitors we have had.

This report is brought to you by Bridget Jones VERY important person (in my own mind)

Your guests brought British bangers over with them?

HP sauce, Angel Delight, Marmite, real Heinz baked beans, Hobnobs, Pataks curry sauces and all that good stuff can be found quite easily here in our local Kroger grocery store, so unless you got real British bangers (which we can only find occasionally in Central Market) then I don't see much to make me jealous!
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:02 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
HP sauce, Angel Delight, Marmite, real Heinz baked beans, Hobnobs, Pataks curry sauces and all that good stuff can be found quite easily here in our local Kroger grocery store, so unless you got real British bangers (which we can only find occasionally in Central Market) then I don't see much to make me jealous!
How pricey is all that gear though?...and we can find most of that in maine, so that's saying somin' *l*...as for bangers...well the local co-op, the guy there makes really nice sausages, not brit bangers, but real nice ones all the same, not that we can afford them all the time.

One thing that we can't buy are decent cornish pasties, not since the bakery in the next town closed...though I do know a guy from Cornwall that makes nice ones, just matter of getting him to make a batch
Oh, and scotch eggs, miss those...way to much hassle to make my own...

oh, and fun new avatar...so what happened to the medal?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:02 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't particularly like sausages when we lived in the UK. The rest of the family did. NOw I can't get them easily I would kill for one.
Just had a big box delivered fro the British Corner Shop full of the usual chocolate,marmite,decent earl grey tea etc. And......Beeswax polish . I can't stand all the lemony stuff they have here.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:29 am
Roll on Spring

skybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to allskybluesue is a name known to all

Your guests brought British bangers over with them?

Lived before in WV we used to order our sausage from NY.....postage was astronomical!!!
We now live in OH where my oh travels to Detroit every month or so.....so we get a steady supply of stuff..ex: pasties,Bridie's,white pudding :scared: and our lovely pork sausage.
BTW our Kroger in WV used to stock alot of the UK products but now that we have moved to Ohio we have found that Kroger does not stock the same stuff

In reference to relatives flying fresh sausage over from the Uk.. :scared:
oh tried to convince relatives..but they were having none of it.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:31 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

They don't have an affinity with Sniffer dogs then?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:35 am
Roll on Spring

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Head too close to arse maybe?

Mother-in-laws ears are burning lol
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:38 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Head too close to arse maybe?

Mother-in-laws ears are burning lol
If she had some Cumberland sausages on her, the dog would be dry humping her leg at Customs
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

would like to see them explain that one away
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:45 am
Roll on Spring

If she had some Cumberland sausages on her, the dog would be dry humping her leg at Customs

Now ......you know gruffy.....here in ohio dogs are trained to hump for drugs not sausages
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:46 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Lived before in WV we used to order our sausage from NY.....postage was astronomical!!!
We now live in OH where my oh travels to Detroit every month or so.....so we get a steady supply of stuff..ex: pasties,Bridie's,white pudding :scared: and our lovely pork sausage.
BTW our Kroger in WV used to stock alot of the UK products but now that we have moved to Ohio we have found that Kroger does not stock the same stuff

The wife of a colleague of mine works for Kroger, and he tells me that you should be able to request that a particular store stock British items, since the Kroger chain as a whole already has supply deals for a bunch of items. What I haven't asked is who you need to contact at Kroger. I imagine you have to go beyond your local store employees (whose typical combined IQ is less than the cost of a jar of Pataks curry sauce).

Our local Kroger has apparently worked out that there's a reasonably large Brit expat community around here, although we only know of 3 families in the area served by this store. The list of Brit items they carry is huge, and the prices are amazingly reasonable. Imported Heinz Baked Beans are only 5c per can more than the vile local alternative, for example. One of the best things is being able to buy good curry sauces and Tilda basmati rice to serve with them.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:48 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Bob
...oh, and fun new avatar...so what happened to the medal?
Mum still has the medal, but right now I'm missing being able to tramp through real British woodland, collecting edible mushrooms...

...not that the Fly Agaric in my avatar is edible... or at least not if you want to keep your liver and your sanity.
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:50 am

or at least not if you want to keep your liver and your sanity.
Is it magic?
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

...I imagine you have to go beyond your local store employees (whose typical combined IQ is less than the cost of a jar of Pataks curry sauce).
blimey...they must be pretty smart then
Old Feb 9th 2006, 12:51 am

Now ......you know gruffy.....here in ohio dogs are trained to hump for drugs not sausages
My son once flew in with a packet of Chinese chicken wings in his Backpack, not so much as a waggy tail from the dog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.