Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Satellite Radio

Wikiposts

Satellite Radio

Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Longy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to beholdLongy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Satellite Radio

Originally Posted by E17Avenue
Agreed on the playlist depth of most of the Sirius stations. But that's why you have a lot to choose from. I listen to one channel for a while and then move to another. First Wave and Area 38 or The Beat are where I end up if I don't like what's on Radio 1.
Just so you know I think The Beat is gone, BPM has replaced it.

This is another thing, they are annoying a lot of people because the merging of channels has meant losing a lot of peoples favourites.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longy
Just so you know I think The Beat is gone, BPM has replaced it.

This is another thing, they are annoying a lot of people because the merging of channels has meant losing a lot of peoples favourites.
Some of the channels have just had a name change but the playlist remain the same e.g. XM's Ethel (channel 47) is now Alternative Nation.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:22 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
I have never heard him before. Normally, when I am home I listen to Absolute radio thru the PC.
He annoys the hell out of me. It used to be the case that for the my morning commute I could listen live but then they started the Moyles show earlier so I had to give that up. Still, much better stuff late at night. I mainly listen to the Colin Murray show.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil
He annoys the hell out of me. It used to be the case that for the my morning commute I could listen live but then they started the Moyles show earlier so I had to give that up. Still, much better stuff late at night. I mainly listen to the Colin Murray show.
Its all the hip hoppy music I can't stand. And when they play it back to back....grrrr Maybe I am just getting old but I prefer Stereophonics, Oasis, Razorlight sorta stuff.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:41 am
Not here much

neil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond reputeneil has a reputation beyond repute

Its all the hip hoppy music I can't stand. And when they play it back to back....grrrr Maybe I am just getting old but I prefer Stereophonics, Oasis, Razorlight sorta stuff.
Give Colin Murray a try: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/colinmurray/
Old Nov 13th 2008, 4:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Having a listen as I type cheers
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey Neil, this is pretty good. This is the sort of stuff I was listening to on Ethel, without the chat. Thanks
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:31 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Some of the channels have just had a name change but the playlist remain the same e.g. XM's Ethel (channel 47) is now Alternative Nation.
This is the issue right there. When they merged, they had to get rid of the stations that were basically duplicated versions of each other, so you'll still hear the same stuff, but the name has changed.

I have Sirius because my wife's a producer on one of their shows, and I love it. I'm really going to miss the Totally 70s jingle, though, now that it's called 70s on 7.

Radio One, however, totally sucks during the day.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Do any of you remember Radio Caroline?
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:30 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

XM and Sirius merged their line-ups yesterday. Rather disconcerting at first. I now have BBC Radio 1. Has it always been rubbish or has it changed with the times and I have not?
If you've been here 16 years and never heard it again 'til now, did you really expect it to be the same as it was, or had you never even heard it before?

Here's a thought though... it's not complusory to listen to it just because you're English
Oh yeah, and don't bother listeing to the "patriot channel" either, you won't find the New England Patriots news, just a bunch of right wing biggots that are even worse than Rush Limbaugh.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:31 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

I heard about it on the history channel.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:35 am
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

A little before my time, but I used to listen to Laser 558...
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:37 am
Banned

If you're interested, Stereophonics are still around and have new some stuff out. My sister went and saw them and sent me a burned copy of a cd of theirs a couple of months back.
Saw Razorlight when they supported Muse about 3 years ago on tour here.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by englishinfl
If you've been here 16 years and never heard it again 'til now, did you really expect it to be the same as it was, or had you never even heard it before?

Here's a thought though... it's not complusory to listen to it just because you're English
Oh yeah, and don't bother listeing to the "patriot channel" either, you won't find the New England Patriots news, just a bunch of right wing biggots that are even worse than Rush Limbaugh.
I hadn't heard Chris Moyles before. I can't remember who was doing the morning show back then, some blonde fella. Steve Wright was doing the afternoon show. Even back then I listened to Radio Caroline, Atlantic 252. When I moved here I switched to Virgin Radio.
Old Nov 13th 2008, 7:45 am
Banned

I hadn't heard Chris Moyles before. I can't remember who was doing the morning show back then, some blonde fella. Steve Wright was doing the afternoon show. Even back then I listened to Radio Caroline, Atlantic 252. When I moved here I switched to Virgin Radio.
TBH, Chris Moyles isn't someone that I can tolerate too well, I didn't like him when i lived at home, and I don't like him now. Mark and Lard? Now that was funny.
I'm not so into the radio 1 stuff, mostly I tend to listen to Alt nation, left of center, underground garage, or Lithium on Sirius.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.