Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

San Francisco

Wikiposts

San Francisco

Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: San Francisco

Originally Posted by tonrob
I'd go for Embarcadero or possibly Union Square (bit busy but convenient location and some nice hotels), although Mrs tonrob and I stayed in the Renaissance on Nob Hill a couple of months ago - it's right at the top of the hill where the cable car lines cross. It was great just to step out of the hotel and have the choice of four directions to go on the cable cars. It meant that we rode on them far more often than when we've stayed elsewhere in the city.
Thanks for that. I'll tell the travel agent we want to stay there. Love being near public transit when I go away.
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:24 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Thanks for that. I'll tell the travel agent we want to stay there. Love being near public transit when I go away.
Do you have an iPhone? If you do then there's a great SF Muni app that shows the whereabouts of buses and cable cars in real time. We used it to time our departures from our room at the Renaissance so there was always a cable car coming when we walked out of the front door of the hotel!
Old Oct 3rd 2010, 1:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Do you have an iPhone? If you do then there's a great SF Muni app that shows the whereabouts of buses and cable cars in real time. We used it to time our departures from our room at the Renaissance so there was always a cable car coming when we walked out of the front door of the hotel!
I don't. I think I'm the only person I know without one. I've asked for one for Christmas, so hopefully Santa will be nice this year.