Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

SALT Generators

Wikiposts

SALT Generators

Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:34 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SALT Generators

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Probably a load of bollox, just like my ozone pool. We got all the blurb, the water feels so much better, no chlorine smell, very low levels of chlorine just to tide it over till the morning when it comes on again. The reality is we have upped the level of chlorine in the water to normal levels in order to stop the algae from taking over. It just doesn't control the stuff when the chlorine is at the low levels they said we'd have it at. The only good thing that is true is no red eye...ever.
The other thing we got which is supposed to be super dooper is a four cartridge filter system, which only needs to be cleaned every 6 months and the cartridges are long lasting and can be used for years. That turned out to be bollox too. After 2 years we had to replace all 4 of em with new ones, so it was no different to having a single cartridge filter and changing every 6 months. I much prefer the DE filter we had on our last place, so much easier to change and clean than 4 poxy cartridges.
The only consolation I have is that the pool we got was still the cheapest quote, even with all the 'fancy doodar' equipment.
We have one of those ozone thingy systems - courtesy of the previous owners. Never used it - my pool man thinks it's bollocks (or American to that effect), and he seems to know what he's doing - never had a problem in the nearly 5 years we've been here.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Something Southerners have ... you have a furnace ..we have a pool...
We've gotta pool. Its temperature is 90F and that's all I need to know.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 6:14 pm
Grumpy Member

y2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to ally2b4sure is a name known to all

I've got a salt pool. I like it as no need to keep adding tabs of chlorine. The water is apparently softer than non-salt pool. Better for you as more free chlorine than chlorine tabs or something like that.

Cons I'd say are salt cells last 5yrs-ish and cost $400-ish to replace. More acid seems to be needed with my salt pool which is a bit of a PIA to keep topping up.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 5:13 am
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my pool for 3 years - this is the best system as it solves tons of issues related to Chlorine, PH, etc.,

It REALLY works :-

Water Purifier (Nature2) - This is a must, my friends all brought it after seeing the results. Constant PH (same for 2 years), low Chlorine level ( >.5 to 1 ) so the POOL never stings eyes. NEVER. Less shocks needed, rarely get green / black algae. Helps keep the pool constant.

My friend replaced a copper / salt conversion thingy as it was crap. I have a simple Chlorinator with tablets set to LOW since the Nature2 requires low Chlorine levels.

I also have lucked out on having Paramount PCC 2000 - A pro-line automatic pool cleaning system. It self cleans the entire pool but needs to be installed when the pool is built - normally.

Enjoy.
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:05 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ok!!! The salt generator got fitted today ...
Will let you know what happens ...........