Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Royal Mail From the UK slow

Royal Mail From the UK slow

Old Apr 25th 2011, 11:16 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royal Mail From the UK slow

Originally Posted by DeltaSierra70
There are troublesome "Moslums" over there in U-Rope, especially they Brit bastards with their free medical that's made some commie bastards over here want free medical too, and its they Em Effing "Moslums" who put bombs in parcels headed to the US that they "Moslums" wants to take over. So wezze godda check every effing one of the packages real good. Know what I' saying?
This was an explanation from my Postman today.
To his, "Know what I'm saying?" I replied that English was my first language, and that Red Neck was my second. His response was "Do what now?" To which I replied; I would like you to please learn to understand English when spoken by an English man. "You're funny" he laughed as he got back in his truck and spun his wheels on my lawn as he drove off.
So now you know why the post is slow.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Weird. I've had two letters from the UK this month and both arrived within three days of their being posted.
Ditto.
Old May 5th 2011, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond reputeottotheboar has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly things are improving, a supplier forgot to use UPS and sent me a package "International Signed For Mail" from the UK on Tuesday and it arrived here in VA this morning.

Last edited by ottotheboar; May 6th 2011 at 12:02 am.
Old May 20th 2011, 1:21 am
Just Joined

HampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really niceHampshireUK is just really nice

My daughter's missing Christmas present arrived today!

Not sure if this is a record. It was postmarked December 21st but that was about a week after it actually went to the village post office - I assume the delay there was because the village was cut off by snow.

Looks like it arrived in the US April 10th and has been making slow progress across the various States since.

She is delighted and so is her friend who had thought she must have written the wrong address on it.