British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Roller Coaster (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/roller-coaster-289082/)

dylan&helen Mar 9th 2005 10:57 pm

Roller Coaster Year

:) How are y'all doing.... it must have been a year and a big ass roller coaster ride since i last posted here.

I am now in Southern California (with new plans) and hoping to live here in the very near future.

Last year i was very close to getting things final... my house sale was just about to through, we had found a business in Florida and it was looking good.... then we just ran into a brick wall... Helens dad had cancer :( ...... so we decided against it and hit the rocky part for a while.

Last November the treatment had gone well and after Helen had a talk with her dad.. he kicked her butt and gave her the "go get it with both hands" speech.... so that brings us right back in the picture again ;) we are making moves.

I think the last time i posted was when i had qualified for the World Poker Tour.... that was also a big turning point in my life... i got hooked haha... but for the better, i have become very successful with it and notched up plenty of biggies (of course its all another story - and i probably dont have the braggin rights with the amount of time it took me to come back here)

Anyway.......... when i played the WPT last January i met a guy called Mike and his Wife (jessamy)... and with Helen and myself, we just hit off a great friendship in a big way.... we stayed in touch etc... we had holidays in Vegas together (of course - were poker players ;) )...... all the time we talked on messenger and he always talked about me going into business with him.

Well..... he started his business (Realtor / selling loans etc) and has become very successful...... now i am here in California (Riverside) making definate plans to make the move here and become a partner...... So i will keep the progress posted here if i have any friends left :cool:

I am still working out how i plan to approach the visa situation, as i was buying a business and coming the E2 way last time around...... now i am going into business, and i dont need to invest anything it has become totally different.

I think the preffered route will be for Helen to officially (unofficially) get a job, and i will do my thing my way (if that makes sense)

Mike is a animator by trade / special effects, movies etc... so he has plenty of contacts for officially (unofficially) getting Helen a job..... and it only costs me lunch and maybe a tiny bundle of cash (but of course thats me in a nutshell haha).

Any views / advice on this situation i am in would certainly be appreciated, but i will still be posting my progress on here..........

ITS NICE TO BE BACK :)

Dylan x

(p.s how is Bridgie????? xxx)

Perfumdiva1 Mar 9th 2005 11:44 pm

Re: Roller Coaster Year

Originally Posted by dylan&helen
:) How are y'all doing.... it must have been a year and a big ass roller coaster ride since i last posted here.

I am now in Southern California (with new plans) and hoping to live here in the very near future.

Last year i was very close to getting things final... my house sale was just about to through, we had found a business in Florida and it was looking good.... then we just ran into a brick wall... Helens dad had cancer :( ...... so we decided against it and hit the rocky part for a while.

Last November the treatment had gone well and after Helen had a talk with her dad.. he kicked her butt and gave her the "go get it with both hands" speech.... so that brings us right back in the picture again ;) we are making moves.

I think the last time i posted was when i had qualified for the World Poker Tour.... that was also a big turning point in my life... i got hooked haha... but for the better, i have become very successful with it and notched up plenty of biggies (of course its all another story - and i probably dont have the braggin rights with the amount of time it took me to come back here)

Anyway.......... when i played the WPT last January i met a guy called Mike and his Wife (jessamy)... and with Helen and myself, we just hit off a great friendship in a big way.... we stayed in touch etc... we had holidays in Vegas together (of course - were poker players ;) )...... all the time we talked on messenger and he always talked about me going into business with him.

Well..... he started his business (Realtor / selling loans etc) and has become very successful...... now i am here in California (Riverside) making definate plans to make the move here and become a partner...... So i will keep the progress posted here if i have any friends left :cool:

I am still working out how i plan to approach the visa situation, as i was buying a business and coming the E2 way last time around...... now i am going into business, and i dont need to invest anything it has become totally different.

I think the preffered route will be for Helen to officially (unofficially) get a job, and i will do my thing my way (if that makes sense)

Mike is a animator by trade / special effects, movies etc... so he has plenty of contacts for officially (unofficially) getting Helen a job..... and it only costs me lunch and maybe a tiny bundle of cash (but of course thats me in a nutshell haha).

Any views / advice on this situation i am in would certainly be appreciated, but i will still be posting my progress on here..........

ITS NICE TO BE BACK :)

Dylan x

(p.s how is Bridgie????? xxx)

Good luck to you both

PD
x

dylan&helen Mar 10th 2005 12:34 am

Re: Roller Coaster Year

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Good luck to you both

PD
x

Thank you very much PD..... And i wish you all the best in whatever you are doing also :)