Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Roller Coaster

Roller Coaster

Old Mar 9th 2005, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Roller Coaster Year

How are y'all doing.... it must have been a year and a big ass roller coaster ride since i last posted here.

I am now in Southern California (with new plans) and hoping to live here in the very near future.

Last year i was very close to getting things final... my house sale was just about to through, we had found a business in Florida and it was looking good.... then we just ran into a brick wall... Helens dad had cancer ...... so we decided against it and hit the rocky part for a while.

Last November the treatment had gone well and after Helen had a talk with her dad.. he kicked her butt and gave her the "go get it with both hands" speech.... so that brings us right back in the picture again we are making moves.

I think the last time i posted was when i had qualified for the World Poker Tour.... that was also a big turning point in my life... i got hooked haha... but for the better, i have become very successful with it and notched up plenty of biggies (of course its all another story - and i probably dont have the braggin rights with the amount of time it took me to come back here)

Anyway.......... when i played the WPT last January i met a guy called Mike and his Wife (jessamy)... and with Helen and myself, we just hit off a great friendship in a big way.... we stayed in touch etc... we had holidays in Vegas together (of course - were poker players )...... all the time we talked on messenger and he always talked about me going into business with him.

Well..... he started his business (Realtor / selling loans etc) and has become very successful...... now i am here in California (Riverside) making definate plans to make the move here and become a partner...... So i will keep the progress posted here if i have any friends left

I am still working out how i plan to approach the visa situation, as i was buying a business and coming the E2 way last time around...... now i am going into business, and i dont need to invest anything it has become totally different.

I think the preffered route will be for Helen to officially (unofficially) get a job, and i will do my thing my way (if that makes sense)

Mike is a animator by trade / special effects, movies etc... so he has plenty of contacts for officially (unofficially) getting Helen a job..... and it only costs me lunch and maybe a tiny bundle of cash (but of course thats me in a nutshell haha).

Any views / advice on this situation i am in would certainly be appreciated, but i will still be posting my progress on here..........

ITS NICE TO BE BACK

Dylan x

(p.s how is Bridgie????? xxx)

Last edited by dylan&helen; Mar 10th 2005 at 12:34 am.
Old Mar 9th 2005, 11:44 pm
Perfumdiva1

Default Re: Roller Coaster Year

Originally Posted by dylan&helen
How are y'all doing.... it must have been a year and a big ass roller coaster ride since i last posted here.

I am now in Southern California (with new plans) and hoping to live here in the very near future.

Last year i was very close to getting things final... my house sale was just about to through, we had found a business in Florida and it was looking good.... then we just ran into a brick wall... Helens dad had cancer ...... so we decided against it and hit the rocky part for a while.

Last November the treatment had gone well and after Helen had a talk with her dad.. he kicked her butt and gave her the "go get it with both hands" speech.... so that brings us right back in the picture again we are making moves.

I think the last time i posted was when i had qualified for the World Poker Tour.... that was also a big turning point in my life... i got hooked haha... but for the better, i have become very successful with it and notched up plenty of biggies (of course its all another story - and i probably dont have the braggin rights with the amount of time it took me to come back here)

Anyway.......... when i played the WPT last January i met a guy called Mike and his Wife (jessamy)... and with Helen and myself, we just hit off a great friendship in a big way.... we stayed in touch etc... we had holidays in Vegas together (of course - were poker players )...... all the time we talked on messenger and he always talked about me going into business with him.

Well..... he started his business (Realtor / selling loans etc) and has become very successful...... now i am here in California (Riverside) making definate plans to make the move here and become a partner...... So i will keep the progress posted here if i have any friends left

I am still working out how i plan to approach the visa situation, as i was buying a business and coming the E2 way last time around...... now i am going into business, and i dont need to invest anything it has become totally different.

I think the preffered route will be for Helen to officially (unofficially) get a job, and i will do my thing my way (if that makes sense)

Mike is a animator by trade / special effects, movies etc... so he has plenty of contacts for officially (unofficially) getting Helen a job..... and it only costs me lunch and maybe a tiny bundle of cash (but of course thats me in a nutshell haha).

Any views / advice on this situation i am in would certainly be appreciated, but i will still be posting my progress on here..........

ITS NICE TO BE BACK

Dylan x

(p.s how is Bridgie????? xxx)
Good luck to you both

PD
x

Old Mar 10th 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

dylan&helen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Roller Coaster Year

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
Good luck to you both

PD
x
Thank you very much PD..... And i wish you all the best in whatever you are doing also