Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

RICHEST Americans

RICHEST Americans

Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:09 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RICHEST Americans

One thing I like about the States, egalitarian.......well apart from the how much do you earn, what car do you drive and what's your house worth thing
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
One thing I like about the States, egalitarian.......well apart from the how much do you earn, what car do you drive and what's your house worth thing
How white your teeth are
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:13 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
How white your teeth are
I have Coal miners teeth. Comes from eating canaries twice a day.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:17 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The british class system:
Upper Class = Somebody who is so rich they don't need to work.
Working Class = Anybody who works.
Middle Class = Somebody who wishes they were upper class but who are in fact working class.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
The british class system:
Upper Class = Somebody who is so rich they don't need to work.
Working Class = Anybody who works.
Middle Class = Somebody who wishes they were upper class but who are in fact working class.
There was a great sketch years back about what newspapers people read, I can't find it, so it's moot and not worth mentioning really, but I did, so there.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:24 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
snowbunny needs to see that sketch with John Cleese, Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett explaining the British class system.

I didn't know about this one, you have to scroll down:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/...20050524.shtml
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:28 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
I didn't know about this one, you have to scroll down:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/science/...20050524.shtml
That's the one, well done
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:36 am
The Unmod

In the search, I found one of the Ronnies asking for a pint of "Old and Filthy"
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 2:45 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Funny enough just watching Rich Hall on BBCA talking about Gates and how if he put his money under his bed and fell out it would take 18 minutes to hit the ground Some people have too much time
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 3:30 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Thydney
Funny enough just watching Rich Hall on BBCA talking about Gates and how if he put his money under his bed and fell out it would take 18 minutes to hit the ground Some people have too much time
Yeah, I was watching that as well. Thought he was quite funny.
Dylan Moran was on earlier, had me in stitches.
Old Sep 23rd 2006, 4:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
I read somewhere the other day that if you call it a "serviette" you are working class. Well, thats a relief. I was afraid I was getting above my station.
Really? That's funny.
We were always taught to say serviette cos "napkin" was common. That's from my mum's side of the family...who all went to expensive posh schools and played with Princesses (well, one anyway. Oh, and a Mauri queen B4 she was the queen).....but my mum's Irish grandparents were poor so maybe that's where it comes from.

We hardly ever say tea - always "dinner" which is the main meal of the day, or "supper".
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:31 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Really? That's funny.
We were always taught to say serviette cos "napkin" was common. That's from my mum's side of the family...who all went to expensive posh schools and played with Princesses (well, one anyway. Oh, and a Mauri queen B4 she was the queen).....but my mum's Irish grandparents were poor so maybe that's where it comes from.

We hardly ever say tea - always "dinner" which is the main meal of the day, or "supper".
A serviette is a paper napkin and a napkin is made of cotton or linen. I thought that was the distinction? Though most Americans I've asked have never heard of a serviette and call either napkins.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 3:04 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kate2112
A serviette is a paper napkin and a napkin is made of cotton or linen. I thought that was the distinction? Though most Americans I've asked have never heard of a serviette and call either napkins.
And either can be used as a snot rag in an emergency
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
And either can be used as a snot rag in an emergency
You were posh, we just used the curtains.
Old Sep 26th 2006, 4:19 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

You two are awful

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.