Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

RICHEST Americans

RICHEST Americans

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: RICHEST Americans

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
I took my stepson to BB the other week to buy an Xbox game $60 a pop, the guy was literally pacing next to us. Plus the usual
"Can I have your phone number, Sir" bollocks.
"No"
Oh we're not very friendly today sir look.
I freaking hate that "Can I have your phone number?" shit. I had one checkout girl getting really nasty demanding our phone number once in the end I just said "I only give it to friends or dates..and you we never be either!" She probably thought I was some stuck up Brit. Bollox to her...what do you need my phone number for eh? Im buying some of your plastic shit, I dont want to be called about it, if I want to buy some more crap I'll come back ok? Otherwise I never want to hear from you again! And, no, you cannot have it to sell to a marketing company.

As for the doddery old farts checking receipts at the doors of every shop. Jesus they really dont trust anyone here do they? Stand on your shoulder while you're shopping, pack your bags to check what you've bought is what goes in them then check your receipt at the door too!
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 12:58 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
Like Andrew Carnegie, they work people to death and then become benevolent and build libraries etc. to show what wonderful people they are
Can you imagine being one of his kids? You grow up in one of the richest, most powerful families in world history and when you reach the age of inheretance, discover that your loving dad has given every friggen cent away to build church organs.

It's sad really.

BWAHAHAHAHA. Suckers.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
I freaking hate that "Can I have your phone number?" shit. I had one checkout girl getting really nasty demanding our phone number once in the end I just said "I only give it to friends or dates..and you we never be either!" She probably thought I was some stuck up Brit. Bollox to her...what do you need my phone number for eh? Im buying some of your plastic shit, I dont want to be called about it, if I want to buy some more crap I'll come back ok? Otherwise I never want to hear from you again! And, no, you cannot have it to sell to a marketing company.

As for the doddery old farts checking receipts at the doors of every shop. Jesus they really dont trust anyone here do they? Stand on your shoulder while you're shopping, pack your bags to check what you've bought is what goes in them then check your receipt at the door too!

Some stores actually staple the top of the bag....so you can't drop something else in.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:08 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Some stores actually staple the top of the bag....so you can't drop something else in.

As someone suggested earlier in the thread that you might drop stuff into your shirt, do they also hand out pegs, to make sure you're fastened right up?

Evening, Jersey.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geordie George
As someone suggested earlier in the thread that you might drop stuff into your shirt, do they also hand out pegs, to make sure you're fastened right up?

Evening, Jersey.
Good morning GG Almost weekend down under.

The furniture stores are the best....the salesperson follows you around the store...its impossible to shake them off. Although that's got more to do with sales commission than theft.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:16 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

The furniture stores are the best....the salesperson follows you around the store...its impossible to shake them off. Although that's got more to do with sales commission than theft.

The weekend started more than 6 hours ago. And welcome it is, too. Any plans?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

The weekend started more than 6 hours ago. And welcome it is, too. Any plans?

Hubby's birthday tomorrow. Apart from that just a few jobs outside before winter sets in.

What about you?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:22 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Hubby's birthday tomorrow. Apart from that just a few jobs outside before winter sets in.

What about you?

Then I hope you spoil him.

I have a bit of uni stuff. And an architect guided walk thing on Sunday, around the harbour. You'd think that after 18 months of living here, you'd start to accept where you are. It just doesn't fail to impress me.

What gift did you get hubbie?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Then I hope you spoil him.

I have a bit of uni stuff. And an architect guided walk thing on Sunday, around the harbour. You'd think that after 18 months of living here, you'd start to accept where you are. It just doesn't fail to impress me.

What gift did you get hubbie?
I take it you've done the bridge climb....isn't that amazing?

I've only bought a couple of shirts for his birthday....we will go shopping tomorrow.

I noticed there is a meet up in Sheffield tomorrow...I was chatting to some of the folk in the UK forum. They are meeting in West Street...my first job was there...it made me a little
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:36 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

I take it you've done the bridge climb....isn't that amazing?

I've only bought a couple of shirts for his birthday....we will go shopping tomorrow.

I noticed there is a meet up in Sheffield tomorrow...I was chatting to some of the folk in the UK forum. They are meeting in West Street...my first job was there...it made me a little

I did it when we first visited - years ago now. But it was amazing. We saw all the way out to the Blue Mountains.

So long as you make sure you pick up something for yourself!

Yes, I saw about the meet. Made me think of you. I know what you mean about it being a little bitter sweet. Not that you necessarily want to be there, but you wonder what could be. But you've been out there for so long. Do you have any plans (other than perhaps a visit) to head back? Or are you there for the duration?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

I took my stepson to BB the other week to buy an Xbox game $60 a pop, the guy was literally pacing next to us. Plus the usual
"Can I have your phone number, Sir" bollocks.
"No"
Oh we're not very friendly today sir look.

Gruff - you could have some fun with the English language: "you can, but you may not"
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:39 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

I pigging hate that!
"can I help you maam?" How the **** would I know? I've only just walked through the door....
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I pigging hate that!
"can I help you maam?" How the **** would I know? I've only just walked through the door....

lol.....again....... Try "you can, but you may not"
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:48 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
I pigging hate that!
"My name is Harry and I'll be 20 feet away from you all the while you're in the store, it's not about the commission, I just want you to enjoy your shopping experience"
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:50 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

"My name is Harry and I'll be 20 feet away from you all the while you're in the store, it's not about the commission, I just want you to enjoy your shopping experience"
Grrrrrrrrr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.