Rice - Iran

Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rice - Iran

Originally Posted by helenw
See and there was me thinking this was a cooking thread! I used to be married to an Irainian many moons ago, and they did cook & eat good rice. Best thing to come out of that marriage was how to cook rice well. .
There's always the rice cooker
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:24 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
There's always the rice cooker
Well I was young, innocent. got taken for a fool and a VISA. Well as soon as he got that, it was clear what he wanted. So I left him and wrote to the home office. Ha! Hopefully they put him on a plane back to the 'home land'. But not before I got my divorce!

So I mark it down to experience!

Yep a rice cooker would have been alot easier!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:25 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, quite probably is....scary the way things are going....the draft will have to be used...and bugger that cos I'll have to sign up for SS...and sods law and all that *lol*
I didn't
**** that SS lark.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:30 pm
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I'm having nightmares now. I can just see the coronation of Jeb Bush.
What nightmare ? That's near reality:

Kings in the White House
" The US president is now as powerful as a monarch, according to a new book by an American professor published to coincide with the start of George W Bush's second term.

"Does Bush really give a damn what the New York Times thinks of him? Roosevelt did."

Even powerful mid-century presidents such as Franklin Delano Roosevelt recognised checks on their authority, says Stephen Graubard, who is old enough to have attended Roosevelt's last inauguration in 1945.

But since Ronald Reagan, the powers of a president and his "courtiers" have become increasingly untrammelled, Professor Graubard told BBC News.

"He is not totally unchecked but his power is immense," he says of recent presidents, several of whose closest advisers - including Donald Rumsfeld, Henry Kissinger, McGeorge Bundy and Zbigniew Brzezinski - he has known personally.

"FDR worried all the time about other authorities who might try to inhibit his plans. This man [George Bush] knows nobody is going to check him."
The Senate, the House of Reps, The Supreme Court - all staffed with his courtiers.
As with the English monachary a few hundred years ago moves are being made behind the scenes to move Jeb into position to take the throne next.

Graubard goes onto say:
"That we have never lived in such dangerous times is - to use a four-letter word - crud," he says, referring to Mr Bush's claims about the scale of the threat posed by terrorism.

"When you stop and think of our situation in 1942 - those were dangerous times," he says. "
I agree with him there. This threat in only being addressed now because it is now on their doorstep. If it happened in another country...Canada for example he wouldn't have give a ****.

All of us have lived (until a few years ago) with a constant terrorist threat. It might be a British thing but we didn't make such a big fuss - or the politicians didn't try to win an election on the back of it.

We are at the beginning, or even in the midst of an new Empire.
The scariest one yet - an American one.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
I didn't
**** that SS lark.
that's true, but thought you had to...at least to be eligible for n-400?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a comment, The Mullahs in Iran have already stated that they have every intention of developing nuclear weapons and then using them to annihilate Israel. They also said they don't fear nuclear reprisals because if they die they will be martyrs and at least the Jews will be wiped off the face of the Earth.

Personally I believe these fanatics.

I know the left have moved toward anti-Semitism, particularly in Europe, but surely this needs to be prevented.

As for Zimbabwe, they should be treated like any other racist state as Sth Africa was.

Nth Korea? Good to bring up in an argument with a Mike Moore devotee who hates capitalism - not a lot of residents in capitalist countries eat grass to survive.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:23 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaleb777
- not a lot of residents in capitalist countries eat grass to survive.
Nope -- in the good ole US of A they get to dive in the dumpsters instead. No grass eating here! Smokin' maybe. But then you can still get to be president if you don't inhale.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having nightmares now. I can just see the coronation of Jeb Bush.
I always thought Jeb going to Asia after the tsunami was a bit suspect. It would be good practice for him to be speaking on a world stage.

-tom
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kaleb777
I know the left have moved toward anti-Semitism, particularly in Europe, but surely this needs to be prevented.
I hope you can back that opinion up.

-tom
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

kaleb777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope -- in the good ole US of A they get to dive in the dumpsters instead. No grass eating here! Smokin' maybe. But then you can still get to be president if you don't inhale.

Oh, and I thought America was better than Nth Korea. I think I'll have to turn liberal.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:54 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by tony126
My interpretation is that it is not her but the panel of questionairres and guess what party they are in the main. I thought Madame Boxer done quite well and certainly made points on the American lives lost and those soldiers that have been wounded and maimed. No mention of the Iraqi lives lost or the fact that in her concern for American troops she voted against spending more money on the military. A bit hippocritical I think.
I don't think Rice "voted against spending more money on the military". Rice isn't a member of The House of Representatives or the Senate. But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
I don't think Rice "voted against spending more money on the military". Rice isn't a member of The House of Representatives or the Senate. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
Barbara Boxer was meant to be the reference not Rice.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:58 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patent Attorney
Rice isn't a member of The House of Representatives or the Senate. But please correct me if I'm wrong.
PA is correct: Rice is nether a member of the House of Representatives nor the Senate.

She is however the founding and possibly only member of the Stupid Lying Brainless Ugly Bitch Club!

Last edited by NC Penguin; Jan 19th 2005 at 9:59 pm. Reason: I think members understand your sentiment without the "F" word
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:02 pm
Franklin

Originally Posted by tony126
Barbara Boxer was meant to be the reference not Rice.
Thanks, I wondered if I was wrong about Rice, but I was pretty certain she wasn't an elected politician.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dan725
I hope "Condy" does a better job than she looks, a right rough old boot she is!
But can anyone imagine waking up and looking at Barbara Boxer first thing. Bloody hell!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.