Rice - Iran

Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:23 pm
Blindside Fumbler

Tone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of lightTone is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Rice - Iran

Belarus. ...? What have they done, I'd be astonished if they could find the place on a map.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

Iran is next, check ouy S Hersch's article in this week's New Yorker. Would happen this spring but the Iraqi resistance is making freeing up troops too hard. Won't be a proper invasion like Iraq as Iran is much bigger and much much stronger militarily.

Not that I support proliferation, but imagine what Iran feels. US on one side (Afghanistan), US on the other (Iraq) and Israel close by. Perhaps if we didn't talk incessantly about 'regime change' other countries would calm down a bit?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:31 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
...the draft will have to be used...
I always wonder whether they'd be stupid enough to go that far. Still, solve the problem of the next big election in 2 years time for the Dems, wouldn't it?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tone
Belarus. ...? What have they done, I'd be astonished if they could find the place on a map.
Aye....what have the done? only person I can think of from there is a tennis player anyway...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:42 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I always wonder whether they'd be stupid enough to go that far. Still, solve the problem of the next big election in 2 years time for the Dems, wouldn't it?
Aye, would be scary, but then again, if most of the population has been shipped out and they ignore there votes, it's one way to keep themselves in...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:44 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone read this?

"Condoleezza Rice, President George W Bush's nominee as secretary of state, has identified "outposts of tyranny" where the US must help bring freedom.

They are Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Burma and Belarus. ..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4186241.stm

What do you think of that?
I think that Bush must have done "pin the tail on the donkey" with a map of the world for the later three countries...

NC Penguin
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:46 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I just saw this on Fox News,

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,144844,00.html

I think they're being a bit paranoid.

-tom
Fox Corporation. Paranoid? Never!

NC Penguin
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:49 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, would be scary, but then again, if most of the population has been shipped out and they ignore there votes, it's one way to keep themselves in...
I'm having nightmares now. I can just see the coronation of Jeb Bush.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by NC Penguin
I think that Bush must have done "pin the tail on the donkey" with a map of the world for the later three countries...
tell me about it...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:03 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I'm having nightmares now. I can just see the coronation of Jeb Bush.
Aye, that should be scary...but as for SS...just as long as they hold off on the draft for another year and a month, or there abouts, and I won't care
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Anyone read this?

"Condoleezza Rice, President George W Bush's nominee as secretary of state, has identified "outposts of tyranny" where the US must help bring freedom.

They are Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Zimbabwe, Burma and Belarus. ..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4186241.stm

What do you think of that?
Cuba and Burma eh, those evil world superpowers. It'll not be long before Fidel kicks the bucket anyway and it'll be all change - the only reason why the US has got such a bee in its bonnet about Cuba is that their (US) self imposed embargos is stopping them getting a piece of the tourist development industy (and letting the germans and canadians control it ) as for Burma, ?
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:09 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, that should be scary...but as for SS...just as long as they hold off on the draft for another year and a month, or there abouts, and I won't care
But think of the opportunity you'd miss bringing freedom to the world. Gets you an instant pass through the Pearly Gates (or maybe 50 virgins -- I never can remember which side's which). Sure you'd do us all proud! What a pity I first arrived in the States too late to have enrolled in this worthy organization.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:09 pm
Essex Girl

helenw is an unknown quantity at this point

See and there was me thinking this was a cooking thread! I used to be married to an Irainian many moons ago, and they did cook & eat good rice. Best thing to come out of that marriage was how to cook rice well.

I'll get me coat then.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:12 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by helenw
Best thing to come out of that marriage was how to cook rice well.
Well there's a skill not to be scoffed at.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

But think of the opportunity you'd miss bringing freedom to the world. Gets you an instant pass through the Pearly Gates (or maybe 50 virgins -- I never can remember which side's which). Sure you'd do us all proud! What a pity I first arrived in the States too late to have enrolled in this worthy organization.
Aye....though I'd rather pass on the offer myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.