Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Ribena in US?

Wikiposts

Ribena in US?

Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ribena in US?

Originally Posted by dbj1000
While you're up in Plano, check out the AMAZING curry buffet at Iravat on Legacy and Central! It's the best damned curry I've had anywhere and that includes anywhere in Britain!

EDIT: It's just tucked away to the right of the big Asian grocery store there.
I have just come back from the "India Bazzar'. Got my Ribena! $9.90.
2 things :
its on the Alma-Spring Creek, not Alma-Legacy. The bottle does not have the usual label with the royal stamp: "By appointment to Her Majesty etc etc." so its probably some Indian substitute. But having tasted
it - its the real thing. Got a few other indian things while at it.

Now, currywise I have been visiting the restaurant north-west corner of Preston - Frankford. Heard this was the best. Will vist yours next time.

Anyways, thanks for the Ribena!
Old Nov 1st 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
amazon has a pretty good deal if you get crates of the stuff, even get crates of heinz baked beans, and with free shipping...
Do you mean the amazon that used to sell books?
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gezza
Do you mean the amazon that used to sell books?
they still sell books but you can buy food stuff too
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

la-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nicela-chica-irlandesa is just really nice

Hi, Just wondered if anyone knows where I could buy Ribena?
I am in Dallas TX.

Fruit juice concentrates of this kind I have found really hard to com by.
i just saw it today in Fiesta, dont know if you have that shop in dallas.
im in houston.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:23 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

They also sell Giant 1kg pots of Marmite too, for a tiny fraction of the cost per gram of Marmite in Kroger or elsewhere.
Oops - I just threw up on my keyboard a little.

Has anyone got a paperclip and a tissue?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lisa67
they still sell books but you can buy food stuff too
Without looking at their web, if you order 30 cans of Heinz beans or a box of Marmite, you must be paying a lot for postage, right? Does it still work out cheaper?
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:16 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Without looking at their web, if you order 30 cans of Heinz beans or a box of Marmite, you must be paying a lot for postage, right? Does it still work out cheaper?
If the order come from Amazon and not somebody else ..
then shipping is free for orders over $25

but you must ensure its direct from Amazon

I bought the last three cases last week ...
http://www.amazon.com/Heinz-Beans-To...7QVY14CS5TPFGN
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:23 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just come back from the "India Bazzar'. Got my Ribena! $9.90.
2 things :
its on the Alma-Spring Creek, not Alma-Legacy. The bottle does not have the usual label with the royal stamp: "By appointment to Her Majesty etc etc." so its probably some Indian substitute. But having tasted
it - its the real thing. Got a few other indian things while at it.

Now, currywise I have been visiting the restaurant north-west corner of Preston - Frankford. Heard this was the best. Will vist yours next time.

Anyways, thanks for the Ribena!
Odd - I linked to the map at Alma/Spring Creek, but somehow typed Alma/Legacy. Still, you found it so that's the main thing.

The Indian at Preston & Frankford is Chaat Cafe, and it's the first restaurant opened by the owner of Iravat at Legacy & Central. I used to love Chaat Cafe, but the service can be very rude and the food really isn't as good as Iravat. Also, as you'd guess from the name, Chaat Cafe is a cafe atmosphere, while Iravat is a nice sit-down restaurant with white table cloths and proper cutlery. Oddly, it's also cheaper than Chaat Cafe, probably due to its cheaper location.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Odd - I linked to the map at Alma/Spring Creek, but somehow typed Alma/Legacy. Still, you found it so that's the main thing.

The Indian at Preston & Frankford is Chaat Cafe, and it's the first restaurant opened by the owner of Iravat at Legacy & Central. I used to love Chaat Cafe, but the service can be very rude and the food really isn't as good as Iravat. Also, as you'd guess from the name, Chaat Cafe is a cafe atmosphere, while Iravat is a nice sit-down restaurant with white table cloths and proper cutlery. Oddly, it's also cheaper than Chaat Cafe, probably due to its cheaper location.

Today at lunch time my 4 year old kissed the emptied glass: "The best drink in the workld!"
Thats a massive heads-up! Chaat Cafe is the one I have known.

By Central you mean the 75 I take it.

I have found smoked makrel in Whole Food market but it costs a fortune $7-8
for 2 small fillets. My next poroject is to find where I can buy fresh brussel sprouts and yellow grapefruits.

You are right that Chaat Cafe has a that feel of a British Rail platform joint.

Old Nov 2nd 2008, 8:44 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

How can you not have ordered anything from Amazon?

Two packs of 240 count PG tips for about $25 etc, and free shipping, other wise people wouldn't be recommending it as a cheap option...
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 9:52 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Today at lunch time my 4 year old kissed the emptied glass: "The best drink in the workld!"
Thats a massive heads-up! Chaat Cafe is the one I have known.

By Central you mean the 75 I take it.

I have found smoked makrel in Whole Food market but it costs a fortune $7-8
for 2 small fillets. My next poroject is to find where I can buy fresh brussel sprouts and yellow grapefruits.

You are right that Chaat Cafe has a that feel of a British Rail platform joint.

Brussels sprouts are available in all the major grocery stores, but only in season. Unlike Britain, where so many fruits and veg are flown in from abroad, availability here is far more seasonal.

Not sure about yellow grapefruit. Have you been to Central Market yet? If not, you really should. It's hands-down the best grocery store in Dallas, although a little on the pricey side. It's even got British chocolate (Curly Wurley, Aero, Mars Bars...) at the checkouts!

And yes, Central = 75, like LBJ = 635. The map link I posted earlier for Iravat shows the exact location.
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

CitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond reputeCitySimon has a reputation beyond repute

Wegmans has it in the New York area.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:16 am
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

Publix has Ribena.

I've noticed a lack of blackcurrant flavours in the US in general. I guess they use blueberry instead, but the tastes are totally different to me. When I'm back in England, I buy anythingm blackcurrant flavoured that I can find!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tinaflorida
Publix has Ribena.

I've noticed a lack of blackcurrant flavours in the US in general. I guess they use blueberry instead, but the tastes are totally different to me. When I'm back in England, I buy anythingm blackcurrant flavoured that I can find!
In Pit Meadows east of Vancouver Canada they grow black current in "pick your own" type farms. But you are right not a lot of it goes on shelves.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

steve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nicesteve100100 is just really nice

I've not read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been posted before. But the OP could try The British Emporium in Grapevine.

they have a website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.