Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Returning to the UK in a hurry

Wikiposts

Returning to the UK in a hurry

Old Oct 7th 2013, 10:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Returning to the UK in a hurry

Originally Posted by goldenstate31
so just to clarify. He isn't a US citizen. He's committed a crime. Why doesn't the US just deport him?
I can't think of any crime for which the punishment is "just deportation". It is always "punishment first", followed by possible deportation.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:30 am
Just Joined

sbland808 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I can't think of any crime for which the punishment is "just deportation". It is always "punishment first", followed by possible deportation.
Exactly. I'm to be deported in 2015. My plan had always been to fight this, and stay in the US. I am married to a citizen. My son is a citizen. I employ numerous Americans. If I had managed to keep my nose clean throughout the parole process, I would very likely have beaten the deportation action.

My inability to do so means that a warrant will be issued in the coming two months for my arrest. It isn't a standard warrant, but a specialized blue warrant for parole violators. I've already been to prison and served my time, on top of that I've completed four years of parole as well.

I've been punished enough!

Extradition is very unlikely for a parole violation. Unless there is a mechanism in place specifically for shipping parole violators back, I really don't think much is going to happen to me in the UK. I'll stay with family, find a job and get my wife and boy over here to join me as soon as possible. God I'm going to miss them!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:41 am
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sbland808
I've been punished enough!

Extradition is very unlikely for a parole violation. Unless there is a mechanism in place specifically for shipping parole violators back, I really don't think much is going to happen to me in the UK. I'll stay with family, find a job and get my wife and boy over here to join me as soon as possible. God I'm going to miss them!
sbland, we can only tell you what we know about the law and the probabilities. We have no intention to tell you to do something against the law. We can't approve or disapprove of it for you; the final decision is, of course, your own. That said, I'm sure we all hope that things work out in the most positive possible way for you, your family, and the others who depend on you.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 1:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll stay with family, find a job and get my wife and boy over here to join me as soon as possible. God I'm going to miss them!
A reasonably well paying job, the rules have tightened up considerably.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
To get an ETD:

1) You need to call the nearest British consulate. In our situation, we called Chicago

2) The Consul I spoke to then asked for my Brit hubby's name, DOB, Place of Birth, etc. She then checked to see if his info was in their database. If the info is in their database, they can issue an ETD fairly quickly. If the info isn't in the d/b, then they will have to do some further background check. I don't know what that entails as my hubby's info was in the system. We knew within a couple of hours of calling the consulate that his info was in the system and they could issue the ETD.

3) Be aware that your flight must already be booked. An ETD is good for one-time travel, on a specific flight that transits through specific countries. This information must be given to the consul via email before your appointment, IIRC.

4) Since it's been so long since you had a passport, they may need to see additional documentation to prove your identification - birth cert, expired UK passport, etc.

5) The day of my hsuband's appointment, he provided all the required paperwork and was issued his ETD in around 2hours.
Presumably he will have to give a false reason as to why he needs this.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

The reason is that he does not have a current passport and needs to travel.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:41 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

I am having a problem reading this as legit. The fact this op comes on a public forum looking for advise on how to do something that is illegal is questionable to begin with. His intent is an attempt to circumvent the law which is a criminal offence, and that will include anyone that attempts to assist him. He will most likely be stopped at the airport anyway(especially if the original crime concluded with a felony conviction). I am most surprised that BE has allowed this thread at all.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
I am having a problem reading this as legit. The fact this op comes on a public forum looking for advise on how to do something that is illegal is questionable to begin with. His intent is an attempt to circumvent the law which is a criminal offence, and that will include anyone that attempts to assist him. He will most likely be stopped at the airport anyway(especially if the original crime concluded with a felony conviction). I am most surprised that BE has allowed this thread at all.
Because no one is assisting him in trying to commit a crime.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, this is not the right forum for him.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 5:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Whether true or troll, I don't think this forum can do anything more than advise him to seek competent legal advice.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:00 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Whether true or troll, I don't think this forum can do anything more than advise him to seek competent legal advice.
.... And warn him that running away might have profound and unintended consequences. Attempting to take refuge in one of the US's closest allies, one that has a history of extraditing its own citizens to the US on very tenuous grounds, is not an obviously smart choice.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:14 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
One would have thought he would have already known that. If this is legit and he is poking around for ideas, he can look forward to his public posting as evidence against him should they run online searches against him. Just his indication that he violated parole and is looking at another prison stint, and considering a run would be law enforcement's motivation to nab him and revoke any bail. IP tracking alone is as easy as pie and location sourced. This thread should be pulled and reported.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 6:26 am
Just Joined

sbland808 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no warrant for my arrest, and there may not ever be one issued. I'm examining my options thoroughly. If a warrant should be issued, I will promptly turn myself in, as I did when I was initially indicted.

All I've done is ask questions here. I didn't have to provide honest back story, but I did so regardless. I haven't done anything wrong by inquiring here, and your implication that people could be held accountable for providing me information is ludicrous. I will immediately discontinue my web visits here, however, as a portion of the community is clearly not comfortable with my presence. I must say that it is very disheartening, however. I'm a criminal, as I've admitted, but I'm still a human being. There are people that rely on me, and it is my responsibility to look into every angle of my situation to determine how best to act. That's my duty as a husband and a father. Bah, what a shame! Good-bye!
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:03 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

There is no warrant for my arrest, and there may not ever be one issued. I'm examining my options thoroughly. If a warrant should be issued, I will promptly turn myself in, as I did when I was initially indicted.

All I've done is ask questions here. I didn't have to provide honest back story, but I did so regardless. I haven't done anything wrong by inquiring here, and your implication that people could be held accountable for providing me information is ludicrous. I will immediately discontinue my web visits here, however, as a portion of the community is clearly not comfortable with my presence. I must say that it is very disheartening, however. I'm a criminal, as I've admitted, but I'm still a human being. There are people that rely on me, and it is my responsibility to look into every angle of my situation to determine how best to act. That's my duty as a husband and a father. Brah, what a shame! Good-bye!
Good luck to you.... don't let your son be a victim to your choices. He deserves a Dad.
Old Oct 8th 2013, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Guindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond reputeGuindalf has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but you lost your right to the title of 'human being' when you committed your crime!

...and you lost your position of having people rely on you when you failed a drug test while on probation!

Man up. Do the right thing for once. Give yourself up and get into rehab. Then MAYBE, you can win back the privilege if being a husband and father.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.