Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Returned to UK and Us Tax returns

Returned to UK and Us Tax returns

Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

rudd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returned to UK and Us Tax returns

I moved back to the UK in March 2013. I was based in the US for 4 years on an L2 visa. I know I need to file a returns this years but I'm not sure what double taxation exemptions I'm eligible for.

My wife and I file jointly and our returns are fairly simple. I was employed for 2 months in the US and the remainder of the year in the UK on a new contract. My wife is self employed but her total earning in both the US and UK were very low this year. I also pulled my 401K but did pay a tax penalty at the time.

Does anyone know of a good guide or service I could refer to. I found a number online (including on this site) but they are more geared to a USC who has moved overseas.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Britsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Returned to UK and Us Tax returns

I think others here may be able to help, but if not I have used this guy for advice and he is UK/USA tax aware.

Tim Johnson
Managing Director
American UK Tax Solutions
Tel: 020 3174 0640
[email protected]
www.americanuktaxsolutions.com
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

rudd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you. I was hoping to find someone who could do the preparation in the UK.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Britsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to beholdBritsimon is a splendid one to behold

Tim Johnson is based in London.