Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Return flight ticket requirements

Wikiposts

Return flight ticket requirements

Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:56 am
Just Joined

GlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to allGlasgowBoy is a name known to all
Default Re: Return flight ticket requirements

As long as you have evidence of onward travel (itineries etc) you'll be fine.

But be prepared for some 'special' treatment at security. TSO get very nervous of people on one way tickets (or with Scottish accents apparently)
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

FreeBird11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lee_in_nj
BA wouldnt let me on a plane to JFK with a one way ticket. (Pre visa and green card days). They even walked me over to the ticket counter to watch me buy a return ticket.. they were not happy about it at all. I thought it was rather amusing. Apparently they get fined $3000 dollars for everyone who gets to american customs without a return ticket or correct visa.
Haha, happened to me too once. I had to travel to the US frequently last year on the waiver program. It sucks being a younger adult male... I have some strange stories... Your friend is probably going to be fine though. I found there's about 1 asshole to the 6 non-assholes at immigration.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FreeBird11
I found there's about 1 asshole to the 6 non-assholes at immigration.
Yeah but the 6 non-assholes are usually lined up waiting their turn to speak to the 1 asshole
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philgr
Yeah but the 6 non-assholes are usually lined up waiting their turn to speak to the 1 asshole
and then some
Old Apr 23rd 2006, 2:24 pm
2007 pred.league robbery

lee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond reputelee_in_nj has a reputation beyond repute

my funniest immigration experience was back in the day when the guy inspected my wallet for cash and credit cards and was a little alarmed at how little money i had for a supposed 3 month stay... i just said "i'm a student..what do you expect?" he laughed and waved me through..